Pioneer vsx922 + bdp450 audio delay problems!!!

the_goat

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I recently upgraded my blu ray to a pioneer bdp 450. I have the blu ray player connected by hdmi to my pioneer receiver and the hdmi out from the receiver to my tv. I have pqls set to auto and hdmi control set to ON.

My problem is that every time i play a different Blu-ray Disc the audio delay changes! I recently watched lord of the rings and set the delay to 3.2fr to correct it... Then i played another blu ray and it is out of sync and needs to be altered again! There is an auto delay function on the receiver but that doesn't seem to do anything? There is no video processing being done by the receiver as I have turned it off.. I thought by matching pioneer products i wouldn't have these problems?

Anybody know what I can do to resolve this??...

cheers Joe

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I await any replies with interest as I've been experiencing the same problems. Like you I'm not using the AV receiver to process the video signal. Ironically my previous Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Bluray player managed lip-synch perfectly. The only reason I replaced it was because it stopped working completely. Like you I expected that using a Pioneer Bluray with a Pioneer receiver wouldn't have any lip-synch issues.

It is more noticeable on some Blurays more than others. The worst so far was the older Bluray "The Sum of all Fears". And I notice too that it tends to be worse at the beginning of the film and it seems to improve toward the end.

So far I've just viewed this purchase as a sorry mistake, but if any solutions are out there I'd be interested too. I suppose in theory if I permitted the receiver to process the picture it might coordinate audio and video better, but I don't want to do this as it actually makes the picture quality worse.

D

Deleted member 116933

I have the pioneer 320BDP getting on abit now but still sounds and looks great compard to some today. And paired with this i have a Pioneer 2022 amp which also have lip sync problems but only if the has been paused and then played again.....

I also let the amp to process the picture and not the TV, make sure that P motion is set to 0 and that the stream funtion is on (if your amp has that) as this helps smooth things out. I never tend to let the TV sort the picture as some tv's dont care for it so i let the amp do it. That is my experiance any way

But in fairness i have noticed that some Blu rays audio can seem off Saving Private Ryan being the worst i can remember.

And just out of curiosity have you done the auto calibration? and have you then checked the meassuremnts that its has found?

And you have you tryed HDMI's ports on the tv? aslo silly question butyou have put the HDMI in the right port on the amp?

Pioneer (at least my amp) rounds off to the nearst CM rather than the nearst 5cm/10cm like most so the extra CM's can make a big difference in my book . check and try those things

the_goat

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I've done all the mcacc properly.. I'm set everything up correctly wires etc even direction of hdmi cable.. I thought pqls would fix this problem?

D

Deleted member 116933

Is there an option to pass through and skip the amp all together as that also may help in your case... but im glad your getting it nailed down

D

Deleted member 116933

I have just had a real look over my settings and have found a setting that really may help you out.

on the remote under audio parameter. Scroll down to "A Delay" and if it isn't on turn it on. And give it a few secs to adjust. It sorted my pausing problem. Hope it helps out

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi the_goat

You say all video processing is off on your AVR but you are talking about Audio. On your AVRs remote select Audio Parameter and. It should say Memory 1. Scroll down until you get to Delay. If it's not set to 0.0 then theres your problem. The MCACC for some reason has doen that.

HDMI control on your player will just tell the amp which AV setting to be on i.e. BD This will only happen of course if the AVR ison before you turn the BD player on.

PQLS on the BD player is only for CD playback

Is your player set to Bitstream or PCM?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts