Pioneer VSX-LX55 HDMI Control not working

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone help? Ive bought the Pioneer VSX-LX55 but the HDMI Control is not working. I've turned the option on but if I use the TV remote or Sky remote the volume control does not work. I had the Denon avr-1910 before and it worked perfectly before.

What am I doing wrong??

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Just to add a bit more to my earlier post. If I turn the TV off via the Sky remote the Amp will also switch off. There obviously is some connection between the two. However, I still cannot control the Amps volume via the Sky remote like I could before.

Simon Pinkney

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I want my Sky Remote to control my Samsung TV not my amp. I currently have my sky+ remote set up to control the TV as best it can. Everything works other than the volume.

By altering the TV's volume this should increase the Pioneer amp volume through the 'control by HDMI' function. I seem to be having a problem with control by HDMI function which I didnt have before when I had the Denon amp.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
kevin7.1 said:
The_Lhc said:
That's nothing to do with HDMI control, your Sky remote has been programmed to control a Denon AV amp, you need to reprogram it to control the Pioneer. Try this: http://www.astra2d.com/remote3.html

Didn't even know you could do that. Will be trying it out when i get home :) The missus will love that feature if it works as we alway have the amp on to listen to tv.

Yeah, depending on the amp you can do other things as well, I can turn my amp on and off by pressing TV and then the left direction button, quite useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts