Pioneer VSX-LX51, Adjusting contrast etc

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys, hope you can help.
I've got a PIO BDP-51FD and Xbox 360 connected with HDMI to my VSX-LX51 AV amp then to my Panasonic TH-42PZ70 telly again with HDMI. The problem i'm having is if I set up the picture settings for the Blu-Ray the display is too dark for the Xbox which results in me getting killed on COD5 by players hiding in the dark. I've tried using the Video Parameter menu but it comes up as CANNOT SELECT so I assume the menu can only be used on analogue signals for upconversion. Apart from adjusting the settings on the telly every time, can anyone think of a way around this. I don't have any spare HDMIs on the telly and don't really want to use component for the Xbox. Thanks in advance.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

On the TV change the display properties to 'game' or something then adjust the TV? I think this just changes things for that setting only.

Your normal TV viewing settings will be on a different setting - 'normal' or something like that.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Cool. Didn't think of that. I'll post back if it works. Cheers.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the PZ70 will allow you calibrate each input individually but you would have to check on that. Obviously if it did, I would move the Xbox 360 to a direct connection to the TV via hdmi and use the amp for audio only (optical). The Xbox 360, unlike the PS3, which has to use hdmi for both audio and video if you want HD audio, doesn't have to be connected via hdmi to the amp. However, as I said, this is irrelevant if your TV shares settings for all inputs. If this is the case, I would calibrate it for all round use on all sources.

Edit - I don't think the PZ70 has a game mode per se' but you could use the cinema mode for bluray and normal (or one of the others) for your game settings and simply select those as suggested above but obviously still involves going into the TV's menu setup each time.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.
I've just found a brightness setting in the options of COD5 too which has helped. Doh!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts