Pioneer to move away from AV altogether?

D

Deleted member 2457

:cry: My amp and Blu-Ray player should be worth a few bob more now.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
:cry: My amp and Blu-Ray player should be worth a few bob more now.

Antique.
smiley-smile.gif

T

theflyingwasp

The pioneer lx87 was gonni be my first amp this year. Hmmm

T

theflyingwasp

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Better get my pennies together quick for the '87. I've certainly been very impressed with my AVR. Has regularly exceeded my expectations & brought plenty of smiles to my face. It'll be sad to see them depart.

Bit like Torvill & Dean - retiring at the top of their game.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:

no reason why it shouldn't still be (it's not like pioneer are going bust, they'll still provide after sales service and honour any warranties, just like they did when they stopped making kuro TV's).

T

theflyingwasp

Yes true it's still top of my list .its between the pioneer and the anthem my only prob now is this blimen hdmi 2.0 .i know it doesn't matter till I have 4k products but 2grand is a wee chunk of change to be well not obsolete but still not up to the job with 4K.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Fair comment, will be a crying shame if they don't do what Panasonic did with the ZT, and bring out a 'curtain call' Top end AV receiver that includes HDMI2. Doesn't look likely though.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
mr malarky said:
Fair comment, will be a crying shame if they don't do what Panasonic did with the ZT, and bring out a 'curtain call' Top end AV receiver that includes HDMI2. Doesn't look likely though.

Well, judging from the report in the OP, they've only got until July.

Sliced Bread

Yes, but we're only just getting a (little bit) of 4k at 24fps (which lx87 can handle). Hdmi 2 is only
Really used for 4k at 60fps. I doubt that'll fit on a bluray and streaming services (not to mention broadband speeds a for most people) are not there yet.
Netflix can send 4k, but that won't require hdmi 2 and it doesn't even have hd sound as far as I know.
It's a very long way off.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Just my two penneth...

I can't see me ever wanting a screen larger than 55", so HD visuals are stunning enough for me. 4k applications make more sense with projector-based setups. And it's HD sound that's a much greater factor in the whole experience than anything 4k. I'm perfectly content with the current quality of DTSMA / Dolby HD / Blurays and will be for years to come.

How many people out there are still watching SD TV channels through their HD TV's?? How long has HDTV been out? Presumably the main suppliers (Sky, Virgin, Netflix et al) will charge you a nice hefty premium for anything 4k anyway as they still do for 1080p HD!!!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
mr malarky said:

didnt they already they already do that with the Pioneer Susano/SCLX-90?

Yep. How expensive was that! And it weighed a ton!

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Sliced Bread said:
Anyone know what the difference is between the SC prefixed receivers and the VSX ones?

is it just that the sc is the higher range and vsx the lower?

The main difference is in the amplifier of the receivers: the SC series have "Direct Energy HD amplifier", which are more efficient and permit the use of 4Ohm speakers (http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/98/tech/AVAmplifierReceiver/Discrete_Output_MOSFET.html).

D

Deleted member 2457

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Deals/Pioneer-putting-AV-equipment-business-on-the-block

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
mr malarky said:

Retailed at £5000 on release I believe, having read up on it I wouldn't mind one as my next amp, though they are very rarely available for sale on the likes of Av Forums or eBay.

Will there be an SC-LX88 next year or is the 87 going to be Pioneer's last flagship receiver?

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
mr malarky said:

Retailed at £5000 on release I believe, having read up on it I wouldn't mind one as my next amp, though they are very rarely available for sale on the likes of Av Forums or eBay.

Will there be an SC-LX88 next year or is the 87 going to be Pioneer's last flagship receiver?

Don't know to be honest, why are you interested in getting one?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts