• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Pioneer SX650 or NAD C 316BEE

MusicHead31

Sep 12, 2020
Which receiver/integrated should I upgrade to? The vintage Pioneer SX 650 receiver or a used NAD C 316BEE integrated amplifier? Either amp would cost ~200-300USD. Currently running Klipsch R 14M speakers with a Dayton Audio Class D amp

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Depends what you want. A vintage SX if recapped will sound very very good but they lack power unless you buy a monster one for silly money. You'll get a more refined modern sound out of the Nad with a touch of vintage warmth thrown in. Again the Nad is a touch underpowered. Depends how well your speakers match with smaller wattage and also the size of your room

Al ears

I agree with knaithrover, the speakers are very efficient so either amp will drive them adequately.
Pretty much depends on whether you actually need the radio function of the SX. If you don't then don't pay for it.

Reactions: knaithrover

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Which receiver/integrated should I upgrade to? The vintage Pioneer SX 650 receiver or a used NAD C 316BEE integrated amplifier? Either amp would cost ~200-300USD. Currently running Klipsch R 14M speakers with a Dayton Audio Class D amp
As a former NAD owner....316bee sounds more powerful than its specs state .

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts