Pioneer SC-LX82 Amp needs a Blu Ray playmate. What to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just got the new Pioneer 82 and need a Blu Ray player. Currently using an Arcam DV79. Was looking at the Pioneer LX08 or the LX72, but I see Sony have the BDP S760 wireless enabled player that gets rave reviews. Any advice appreciated.

D

Deleted member 2457

All of those blu ray player's are really good, the pioneer's might be a better match for your amp. They will also sound better.

Other than that they are all really good.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I might be out of the loop, but do pioneer make a LX72 blu-ray player? They certainly make a LX08 (I have one) and they also do a LX71, and a LX52.

Leaving that aside for a moment....

I couldn't comment on the pioneer sounding better but the pioneer would be a better asthetic match for the amp (great amp by the way. congrats on the purchase).

I think it depends on what is important to you. I stand to be corrected but the LX71 and certainly the LX08 are only profile 1.1 compliant. That wouldn't bother me as I tend not to bother too much with extras. But it may be important to you.

I don't think you can pick a bad one between the three of them (or four).

I have no idea of loading times on the sony but the pioneer is quite slow (again it doesn't bother me but it may you).

The sony should be cheaper. But shop around. The LX08 is exactly the
same player as the LX71 but in a much smaller, neater, better looking
box (again depends on whether you want to pay extra for good looks).

A

Anonymous

I own a Pioneer BDP320, fantastic machine, upgrades old DVD`s a treat, is fantastic with blu rays, and it just comes a little short against the LX52

A

Anonymous

Yes Dave it was a typo on my part. LX 71 it is.
emotion-10.gif
. Think I'm leaning towards the Pioneer's, and as you say they will look better with the amp.

A

Anonymous

Cheers m8. Only got the Amp a few weeks ago after finally losing the plot with Arcam. Went through 4 AVR 300's and 2 Avr 350's in less than 3 years. How are you finding the 81? Nice system btw!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

You could get a Denon 2500BT They're going quite cheap at the momentand have had very good reviews.

I demoed the LX52 with LX82 and thought it was great but the Sales guy said I could have the Denon for half the price of the LX52, which he said being a transporter combined with the LX82 amp it will be a far better buy. he'd been right in his judgement up to then so I was persuaded to say OK and saved myself loads a money
emotion-2.gif
I thought it was good of him to advise me thus cause he lost the money on the difference.

D

Deleted member 2457

Kelimidri

I am finding the 81 the perfect partner for these speakers, movies, musically, everything, you cannot fault it.

What made you decide to go for your setup, did you demo a setup? or did you hear they were a good match?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts