Pioneer SC-LX76 Grounding issue

ezeepzee

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm new to the forums and indeed the home cinema setup. I've recently re-located my AV kit upstairs and run cabling throughout the house to the speakers and projector etc. All is working well, apart from I have a grounding issue with the amp. I first noticed the issue with a constant hum through the subwoofer and did all the usual checks, which has since materialised that the amp isn't grounding correctly (If I ground the amp, the hum stops). My question is as follows.....Is there an issue with grounding the amp using the 'singal ground' terminal on the back? I have a very basic understanding of these amps so please forgive my ignorance. Surely if the amp was meant to be grounded then the standard IEC mains cable would have this built in. I've currently disconnected everything as I don't want to damage the amp.

Appreciate your adivce :)

Regards

Andy

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum.

you say it was ok in another room? If so, I would suggest it's an issue with your plug socket as you say this should be doing all the grounding. IV not grounded my av reciever, just plugged into the house socket mains and all is good.

try running an extension cable to another plug socket and see if it hums from there, if not then this gives you the answer. If it does, you may have an issue with the ring main these sockets are on...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts