Pioneer SC-LX72 in combintion with q-acoustic 2020

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

After reading the forums and listening to several receivers, I am about to buy the Pioneer SC-LX72 in combination with
q-acoustic 2020 speakers.

However I am still soubting about the following:

- should I use the 1030 speakers as frontspeakers (is the difference large enough to convince my wife?)
- Are there other options for combinations that also get the best quality for playing music?

regards,

Chris

A

Anonymous

thats a pretty good amp to be pairing with budget speakers, unless you are planning on upgrading the speakers in the future to something more fitting of the amp, id balance out the budget a bit, id buy a cheaper amp and better speakers...

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I agree.....
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback, now I have two choices:

- stick with the pioneer and get the right speakers
- go for a completely different set.

My (soft) requirements are:

- good for movies, very good for music
- used in open room (kitchen with on two sites living rooms, in total 100 m2)
- preferably bookshelf speakers (also used in both kiving areas)

Can you help me out making some choices, before listening again?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
How much have you seen the Pioneer for?

I'd also look at the Yamaha RX-V1067 which can be had for £750 ish iirr from one of the recent Hot Deals posts or the Onkyo TXNR808 which is also excellent if a little more expensive.Partner them with either B&W 685 speaker kit or the new Tannoy 5.1 reviewed in last months mag...or if you can go higher then monitor Audio RX package or Apex (I know I'm a long way north of the OP's original budget now)

A

Anonymous

well if you opted for a yamaha rxv-667, around £350, that should save you around £500, add that to the price of the q acoustics and you've got a grand for a speaker package. but i think you would be better off buying the speakers and sub seperately,

there are some great bargains to be had at the moment on acoustic energy b stock gear, check out ebay, you should be able to get a pair of radience 1 booshelves for fronts, a radience sub, and centre and a pair of neo 1's for rears for under a grand.

have a look anyway, you may also be able get a monitior audio bx5 av pack for around a grand i think..

A

Anonymous

How about a Pioneer VSX 1020 and the KEF KHT 2005.3?

A

Anonymous

check out the acoustic energy ebay shop, ive dealt with them and they were excellent, with prompt delivery and everything perfect.. the system you could build from there for less than a grand would cost more than twice that amount normally, and the radience kit especially gets rave reviews for movies and music..

£819 gets you four radience 1's, a radience centre and radience sub..

£1180 gets you a pair of radience 3 floorstanders, a pair of radience 1's, a radience centre and sub, combined thats called the radience 5.1 av package, and it gets 4 stars here at a rrp of £3000..

thats what i call value
emotion-21.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
If you need standmounted speakers, that a great deal.......

Both Maxflinn and I can totally recommend this ebay offer, as we have both bought off them recently.....

emotion-21.gif

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
If your budget allows and you're set on it then the Pioneer is a great buy and will see you through a few upgrades so if that's the path you want to go then I'd push the boat out and get a decent speaker package with it.....you won't be disappointed. If you buy a cheaper receiver now you'll be spending big next year to upgrade

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
check out the acoustic energy ebay shop, ive dealt with them and they were excellent, with prompt delivery and everything perfect.. the system you could build from there for less than a grand would cost more than twice that amount normally, and the radience kit especially gets rave reviews for movies and music..

£819 gets you four radience 1's, a radience centre and radience sub..

£1180 gets you a pair of radience 3 floorstanders, a pair of radience 1's, a radience centre and sub, combined thats called the radience 5.1 av package, and it gets 4 stars here at a rrp of £3000..

thats what i call value
emotion-21.gif

As good a deal as that is financially i'd still want more than just a one month warranty if i was spending that amount personally, only the natural birch sub comes with a 1 year warranty.

A

Anonymous

I'd definetly spend more on the speakers than the receiver. Q Acoustics 2020 isnt in the same league as Monitor Audio BX5 or the even better B&W 685.

I have the Yamaha 667 and musically i think its very good paired with my MA BX2 speakers.

A

Anonymous

I have the RX6 pack and love it with the 72.

But the BR or BX would be a good pair as well.

But the RX just oozes quality. and your getting amazing value as most of the stuff in the silver range is from the platinum and gold series.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
There's always the B&W 685 Theatre package, if your budget will stretch that far? I can't comment on how these speakers would compliment the Pioneer, but they're great overall. If space for the rears is an issue (it often is), B&W M1s could fill in here for a more compact solution (they use the same "Nautilus" tweeter, hence integration with the larger fronts won't be a problem). The smaller "big-box" rears are arguably the weakest components in the 685 package anyway.

I'd concur with other posters: the Q Acoustics are a solid choice for a budget AV system, but they won't do justice to your proposed receiver.

A

Anonymous

maxflinn and others,

Thanks for the feedback sofar.
When I am lowering the price of the receiver, why should I than buy the yamaha rvx-667 and not the Onkyo TX SR608.?
What would be a good match of speakers to go and listen (is this still acoustic energy, B&W 685, or can this be in a lower price range as well)

chris

A

Anonymous

ive not heard the yamaha 667 , it was just an example of an amp that gets rave reviews at a price more fitting of the kind of speakers you were considering, the onkyo 608 is another such amp, whfi are very impressed by it too, id say the best thing to do is demo both with some of the speaker packages mentioned and decide what you like the most..

A

Anonymous

just bought the pioneer sc-lx72. It was offered for £670 and I couldn't let that pass.

Now up to the speakers. I saw a good offer on MA BX5( £500) and BX2( £250) that I want to use as main speakers in the different living rooms. The rear speakers could become the br1 at £100.

Intending to listen to this combi coming weekend.

Any alternatives?

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a pair of ma-rx6 for £625 6months ago from my local dealer, i dont know if your budget can strectch that far but maybe its worth asking your dealer or phone an online dealer to see if they will move on the price they generally will. If not the ma-bx5s can be had for £450 and the ma-bx2 for £225 online and again asks them to move on the price

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts