pioneer sc lx 85 and nas??

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I know it s early days for the pioneer sc lx 85 and thinking of getting one, but was wondering if i can use my ripnas with it with the wired ethernet connection.
If yes, that would be great as it will save me a buying a dedicated streamer(sonos or logitech...)

sincefrely yours john

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Ni Nick,

Thanks for your reply.It s great that i will be able to use my ripnas with the sc lx85 as i still want to be able enjoy quality music in the home theatre room, when the hifi room(lounge room) is occupied.

sincerely yours

john

Mr Steve

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Looking at the latest edition of the mag and the music streamers super test - home cinema solution - made me look at the streaming specs for the LX-85 (in the online manual - a rather substantial 120 or so pages).

As far as i can see, streaming via the ethernet connection would support HD Flac and WAV files up to 24 bit / 192 Khz, but would only support .MP3, .WMA and .M4a up to 16 bit / 320 kbps - i.e. not apple lossless.

Im sure that there must be members out there who have first hand experience and maybe have already tested streaming to the Lx-85, so I would really appreciate your confirmation of what lossless and HD formats the receiver will actually support via ethernet (wired) streaming.

Thanks

Steve

Mr Steve

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for testing and the feedback Michael.

I have been browsing around to see what equipment is available for streaming music ripped to a NAS.

Most of my music is apple lossless, but I have downloaded a couple of HD Flac samples to see how it sounds. Now I am just looking to see what streamers have the widest support for lossless and HD Formats. Also most references to HD Flac don't then go on to clarify 96 Kbps or 192 Kbps, meaning I really have to dig into the documentation / manuals to try get more detailed info.

Offhand I have not come up with anything that handles all major lossless and HD formats - possibly I just haven't looked enough. Streaming as a convenient way to access my entire collection is enticing, but it would be nice to future proof the possible formats as much as possible if I buy some new equipment now.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts