PIONEER PDP-508XD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, my first post on this site as a new member was a cry for help on deciding between a plasma or LCD. Thanks for all who helped me to decide on a plasma. I then narrowed it down to the well reviewed Samsung PS50Q97HDX.

Now I read about the new Pioneer with the "What HiFi" team literally worshipping it as if it is the new coming of the lord. I've taken this on board and hope to have a demo asap. If it really is this good, then I will find the extra cash, after all, you get what you pay for, right!! Looking online the cheapest I've seen it to date is £2164 (strange figure but hey, better than the rrp) but there's several offering it under £2600, some with additional 5yr warranty.

What isn't mentioned in the review is that you have to pay extra for a pedestal stand and speakers and there are offers online inc these for around £2500.

Now my only dilema is should I wait for the full HD version, as stated "coming out soon", or will this just be good enough as is?

What I did noitice online when researching the above was a PDP-5080XD popping up as well and cheaper. Anyone know the difference?

Regards.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The 5080xd is a lower spec screen that is why it is cheeper. As I have said to you before the Samsung is a great screen for the money but the Pioneer is a better screen but at almost twice as much and the full 1080p will be even more money. But if money is not a issue for you I would hang fire for the Pioneer 1080p screen.

A

Anonymous

Buy the Sammy for just over a G and get some decent speakers and a proper amp etc. The next best thing will always be around the corner but when today's pretty damn good, is THIS good, just buy it and get on with getting your mates round and watching movies. The Sammy is the buy per £.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Too right Will as this is exactly why I got the Samsung, £1100 for the plasma, £550 for my Denon DVD3930 and still change in my pocket for som new dvds. This screen is fantastic value for money and will do me just fine for the next few years by which time 1080p/24fps will be the norm in screens and not at a premium for this feature.

A

Anonymous

Ok chaps, I know you're talking sense and yes it's always going to be the case isn't it, that when you buy the latest all singing and dancing piece of kit, it will only be topped by the next new thing!!

Now then, I'm probably going to make you roll your eyes and think....this guy is..!! but as I've been banging on also about 1080p, should I consider the Samsung PS50P96FDX over the PS50Q97HDX? or should i just shut up take your already sound advice a buy the latter?

Regards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts