Pioneer or Onkyo AV Reciever ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to get a Pioneer 50" plasma, and need to get a decent 5.1 processor to go with it.

So far I have narrowed it down to 2 options, both on sale at Richer Sounds.

They are the Pioneer VSXLX50 for £700 and the Onkyo TXSR875 for £1k

Does anyone know whether one of these is better than the other?

Any advice appreciated !

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
No contest. The Onkyo walks it - apart from it's look. By the way, I've seen the Pioneer online (Weymouth hifi) for £599 before Christmas and I think it's £619 now. RS will match the price if you provide them with proof of another offer. I would say that the Pioneer is the better deal per dollar.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
The Onkyo. It was our Best Buy receiver over £750 in the 2007 Awards and has still to be beaten. We said: "It's possessed of unquestionable power and fearsome grip... this is a product that impresses afresh every time you turn it on."

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply...but not sure if I am still confused.

You say that the Onkyo walks it, but that the pioneer is better value pound for pound.

Does this not make the Pioneer the better option then?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Obviously it's up to you. The Pioneer ticks all the hd audio boxes for most people. It is powerful, well built etc., The Onkyo has won loads of awards so must be special but for almost double the price, I would say that the Pioneer is better value. If money is no option, the Onkyo is the winner full stop, but for most people, money is important.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts