Pioneer LX82/DBP LX52 or Denon 4310/DBP2010

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone seen a review of these two new systems ? I'm keen to move into blu ray and have pretty good sound. Besides buying either of these combinations, I'll likely blend it with a B&W XT speaker package. Maybe What Hi will be testing the receivers and Blu ray players soon ?

Best wishes,

Peter

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Well, I haven't heard any of these systems, so this will be a wild guess.

Denon seems to be coming strong this year with their new models. I don't think you will go wrong with any of these systems, but my money would go on the Denon combo.

When that is said and I see your note about speaker package I really urge you to include Yamaha in your considerations. I own the same speaker package and recently auditioned the following receivers: Denon AVR 4308A, Pioneer LX71, Sony DA5400ES and Yamaha RX-V3900/DSP Z7.

I found Yamaha to be the best match, at least for the type of music I am listening to. The Yamaha DSP Z7 was just too tempting, and I will advise you not to go lower than the RX-V3900. These speakers are pretty hard to run.

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

You're paying out a couple of grand, for goodness sake AUDITION, AUDITION, AUDITION!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure (i'd hope) you wouldn't buy a car without first taking it for a test drive.

I'd guess though that the Pioneer would be my first choice probably- I have the LX81 (so last year) and have never regretted paying out the extra it cost over an Onkyo I first tried out. I had a Denon before that, and the Pioneer is more musical, controlled and altogether sweeter. The poise and control in multichannel is superb.

Though I haven't actually heard either system so I wouldn't like to advise you either way without that AUDITION! Not always easy, I know but I think you'd be a little loo loo not to.

Besides, you'll have a blast trying different systems. Remember, though, you don't need to stick with gear all from the same manufacturer. You may decide a Denon player sounds better with a Pioneer amp.

Whatever you decide on, good luck and have fun playing!

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
I did not state this directly in my post, but it was surely what I was leading to.

Audition is a must in a situation like this.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I have heard the B&W XT series speakers and i would say the best ampifier would be the Yamaha rxv-3900 for those speakers with the pioneer bdp-lx71 blu ray player.

Or even the denon dvd-2500bt blu ray player boht blu ray players have strong components built inside better than the new range of blu ray players, which are small and not very well built, Oh but they do have profile2 bd live "big deal".

The older range are now cheaper and better quality.

The yamaha amp is a beast with these speakers. The other amps are a mis match.

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for your advice. I hadn't thought about Yamaha. Will try and arrange an audition, but it's not that easy to find a shop with all the different kit. I live in Switzerland and the stores tend to be small.

All best wishes

A

Anonymous

Denon has huge comeback thise year with their new av/receiver line range, i have just recently bought the Denon avr-4310 and wow it,s an amazing machine iam totaly stunned every time i hear it by the amount of details that this machine can squeeze out of movies.

all these machine u and the other have mentioned above are fine performer, the thing is what will sound best in your room with your speakers and suite your room accoustic, personaly i don,t believe so much in auditioning in the shop , because what sound good in the shop might sound bad in your room, and the other way round.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts