Denon, Yamaha or Pioneers receiver? Same price.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

You may have seen some of my recent posts all over these forums. I am currently looking at upgrading my whole home cinema set up. I was going to buy a new TV first to replace my 40" Samsung LCD. I was looking at spending around £1500 on a TV but after going to view some there was nothing significantly better than what I already own. Therefore I have decided to upgrade my receiver, speakers and Blu-Ray first and then look into TV's a bit later down the line. After a lot of research and price comparison I decided www.hispek.com was the place to be buying my stuff.

I am 99.9% decided on my speaker set. It is the KEF AV50 Home Cinema Package. This package retails between £1300-£2000. At Hi Spek there are 3 receivers with this speaker package all under £1600. Basically I would like some opinions on the 3 receivers bearing in mind they are all exactly the same price (give or take about £20!)

First is the Pioneer VS1019. Second the Yamaha RXV1065. Finally the Denon 2310.

I will be hooking up to PS3, Sky HD, Blu-Ray and also I would like to connect my ipod to ther receiver as it contains about half of my music collection.

I am replacing my trusty old Cambridge Audio Azur 540R V2 and would like something that is at least equal (but hopefuly much better) for 2 channel Stereo sound.

Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read and comment on this post. My knowledge of this equipment is pretty outdated so anyone advice would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

One small problem here the KEF's and Denon receiver can't be sold online. Looks like I've got a 100.8 mile trip to St Albans
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

ive had nothing but problems with my denon 2310. got it from sevenoaks about 4 weeks ago and it wouldnt connect via hdmi to sky hd and wouldnt play blu rays in true hd format even tho i use a denon blue ray player. anyway, after 2 weeks of talking to denon- who are useless and sevenoaks- who were very helpfull and investigated the problem, it was found there were problems with the first 2310's. eventually someone believed me! so 4 weeks later i get my new 2310 from belgium this sat and hopefully problem solved. so just be ware and see about a revised 2310 if you want one. just hopeyou never have to ring denon.oh by the way the 2310 IS a good reciever when it works.

A

Anonymous

Hi Daveee

I'd like to demo Denon package too, but would have to travel 90ish miles.

I also fancy the Pioneer LX 52 with the Kef AV50, so I might just make the journey.
emotion-40.gif

I'd be interested to hear any views from the experts here on which system would be best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts