Pioneer LX70a Bluray freeze problem

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I own the above bluray player, & whats happenening is is that every so often when im watching a bluray disc the picture just suddenly freezes. U also cant use the buttons on the remote, the front panel of the player etc the problem however is stated in the troubleshooting guide in the manual of the player, so it works abit like a sky digibox freezes were you have to unplug it to reeboot, i just find it strange why it should happen to a disc player espec a high profile one like the lx70a does anybody have any views as to why this happens?

A

Anonymous

does it happen on a particular disc? What version firmware is your 70a running?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
No its not on a peticular disc it could be any, my firmware is 3.00 i know i could upgrade to 3.25 which im going 2 try but ive heard that even with a firmware upgrade it still encounters the problem, mind you i find if i unplug & plug it bk in b4 i watch a movie it seems fine, very strange

A

Anonymous

never had any problems with freezing. (does it happen with both dvd and bd?).Fab player in every respect in my opinion. If i were in your shoes i would download the latest firmware and see how it goes from there. Ive not timed it but im pretty sure that you will find that it will load dvd and bd a bit quicker too. (thank goodness tehe).

A

Anonymous

Different player I know,I had the same problem with my Sharp BD-HP20S and had to unplug and switch back on,I got an update disc off Sharp and updated the software and fingers crossed,it`s been okay since.The Pioneer you have is in a totally different league to mine though so am surprised you had problems.By the way,it was I am Legend I had problems with,the region free US version.Wish Sharp could send me a cheque through the post to buy some more Blu-ray movies though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts