Pioneer lx56 flac streaming

Linnas

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Before buying a Home nas, wanted to see how people are streaming flac to pioneer avs. The goal would be to be able to sit on sofa, see all the ripped library on ipad or anything else but tv, choose required track or playlist and get pioneer fetch it from nas and play via its hopefully good dac. Never been a fan of itunes and would not go down this road. Tried using pioneer's av2012 app, very rudimentary..

Any ideas?

david_tring

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Linnas - well I'm listening to hi-res (up to 192kHz/24 bit) FLAC files on my SC-LX85 streamed over a hard-wired link from a laptop running Windows 7 32-bit and they play 100% fine.

However - the same files on a Windows 7 64-bit PC won't stream, the amp can see them but they don't have a little music note symbol by them in the display on the amp or on the iPad control app. Apparently this means that they aren't valid files, which they are!

I've been in touch with Pioneer, who say that it's probably an issue within Windows (what isn't......) rather than the amp.

Unless you need a NAS for other purposes, or need to access millions of files 24/7, maybe just try using a laptop?

Regards - David

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Also if your considering an external dac you could put your flac on a usb hard drive...i got one last week..works a treat:)

Linnas

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
David, many thanks for sharing your experience, in fact when I tried to use Win64 media player to stream flacs it was exactly the same experience via the ipad app - they can be seen, but with different icon and cannot be played (mp3 plays fine). I wonder if that would be same on, let's say Synology NAS. Maybe Pioneer will come up with a new version of ipad app where we could see album art, etc.

GSB, it certainly is an option, if nothing else works..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts