Pioneer LX-52 v Sony S780

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
All

At the moment i'm running a PS3 through a yamaha amp to a MA HD 270 fronts, 250 centre and 90 rears. I want to get better sound quality as I understand the PS3 doesn't output HD sound.

So how does the pioneer LX52 compare to the sony 780 for SQ & PQ. I won't be watching 3D and sound quality I rate as highly as picture quality. Oh yes I'd get the pioneer 2nd hand.

I'm just wondering if there is much of a difference in overall performance between them?

Ta

If you've got such a brilliant amp as the 2067, why don't you let it decode audio? It'll do the job better than either of the players. Then difference in sonic performance between the two players will become irrelevant.

I personally would go for a brand new Sony S780 than a second hand LX52. The Sony is a brilliant performer, & loads discs faster than the Pioneer. Performance wise, both are near identical.

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that. The reason I want a new player is apprently the fat PS3 doesn't send HD audio out (got this from a preivous thread here many months ago) and I feel i'm missing out by not getting the best from my system.

So all agreed then the Sony S780 is the best for the money?

Every model of the PS3 (including fat) will decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA and pass it to the receiver as an uncompressed PCM stream. The Slim allows you to offload the format decoding to the receiver via bitstream.

If you want to go for a standalone player, Sony S780 is a cracking unit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts