Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A original pioneer cables or upgrade?

scene

I'm taking delivery of my new KRP-500A in a couple of weeks (
emotion-1.gif
can't believe I managed to find one, maybe the last!), with some side speakers (KRP-S03s) for day-to-day use, so I don't have to fire up the amp.

As I'm going to have it bolted to the wall, access to the back's going to be bit difficult, I was wondering: Should I stick with the supplied displayport cable to connect it with the media box and should I upgrade the speaker cables to something more chunky?

Would upgrading the displayport cable make any noticeable difference to the (fantastic) quality of the picture and is it worth changing the speaker cable, as they'll only be used for watching TV...

Views and suggestions on both welcome?

A

Anonymous

First of all scene congrats on finding the krp-500a. You have done very well to find one. I looked into one of these "upgraded" system cables a few weeks ago. The general consensus of opinion seems to be that its not an upgrade at all, just a longer piece of cable. Your PQ won't improve. You would be better off spending the cash on having your set professionally ISF calibrated (once its run in).

scene

Thanks - you have no idea how many shops I called! I had just about resigned myself to a Samsung UE46B8000 and using the cash saved upgrading other equipment...

Thanks for the info on the displayport cable
emotion-1.gif
Any thoughts on the speaker cables?

ISF calibration is definitely on the cards for next year...

A

Anonymous

When you say speaker cable do you mean from your TV, or from an AV amp?

A

Anonymous

I thought thats what you may have meant. I'm sorry mate, I can't help you. I dont have any internal speakers. All my sound goes through my amp. Whichever ones you get I wouldnt have thought you needed to spend much cash. There may even be a case for sticking with whatever comes with the speakers.

Do you ever intend to upgrade to a home cinema system or don't you want the mass and hassle of all those extra boxes?

scene

Thanks, I already have the home cinema system - which I'm half way through upgrading as I've now got a much bigger lounge (hence the KRP!) - an ARCAM AVR250 + KEF2005.2, but I've upped the center to an MA Silver RS-LCR and am using my old MA Silver 8i floor standers from my HiFi set up as Front L+R...

The side speakers are just to save firing up the amplifier when my darling wife and children are watching CBeebies or Eastenders
emotion-40.gif

TRENDING THREADS