Pioneer KRP 500a in New Zealand

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy a Pioneer KRP 500a plasma in the UK and export it when moving to New Zealand later this year. I assume there are no power issues as thy also have 220v/50hz. The PAL standard I think is different but this should only affect analogue. Can someone please let me know if there will be any problems using this UK bought set over there. The same TV in NZ is branded KRP 500p and are looking extremely scarce and expensive! I assume as the name is different, there must be a difference?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, the Pioneer supports both the I version of PAL used in the UK and New Zealand's B/G, so you shouldn't have any problems. The slightly different model number suffix isn't unusual - it's usually there to indicate where the TV was originally sold.

But may be worth an email to Pioneer's local operation to check they will do warranty servicing of the set should it go wrong after you've moved. Contact form is here.

A

Anonymous

Andrew thanks very much for the information. I'll do what you suggest regarding servicing. Now to buy one before they all disappear! Pioneer a sad loss to the plasma world.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts