Pioneer DV-LX50

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Based on the recommendation of Pioneer that the new DV-LX50 outputs 1080i via component video cables and my Philips HD ready multisystem TV (55" RPTV) accepts 1080i/480p and 576p, I bought one last week and hooked it through Rotel processor RSP-1068 to the TV by component video cables (earlier I was using a Pioneer DV-370 which outputs only 480p and 576p). Unfortunately the DVD player display always shows "PROGRSVE" which means the 1080i is not there. I have set the maximum resolution in the player at 1080i (though the table given in the operation manual of the player is confusing showing 480p/576p only for DVD when maximum resolution is set at 1080i). Does it mean the DV-LX50 will not give 1080i via component video? Or, is my system or setup at fault? Other users' opinions will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

murali

A

Anonymous

Don't you need HDMI to move full rez HD around, or is that just to get 1080p?

I was thinking of buying the RSP1068 myself, how does it stack up to the competition... and does it not have HDMI ports? if not then surely that would mean I couldn't shunt 1080p signals through it? I guess I could just directly connect the video from my blu ray to the screen though and just use the rotel for the audio.

What power amp do you use with it? and what speakers? thanks;)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi there, I've had a look through your manual and it does look like the max resolution you can get is 576p for DVDs on your Pioneer through the component. The 1080i output only looks to work if you have HD DivX / WMV videos that are natively in that resolution.

A

Anonymous

This does have HDMI and with it it gives very impressive results indeed! JJ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts