pioneer dv-lx50 v marantz dv-7001 high end test

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
has the pioneer dv-lx50 dvd player been review in this months magazine yet i wont be able to get hold of magazine til next week just wondering how it compared to marantz dv-7001, which would be better choice for high end dvd,and can marantz be made multiregion.i have seen pioneer for £380 and seen the marantz for £450,or would be better waiting for new denon blu-ray dvd-2500bt to see what dvd playback will be like,will be investing in blu-ray player later on in year so instead of purchasing high end dvd player +blue-ray player it might be worth combining money and buying high end blu-ray player,any advise welcome,thanks.

A

Anonymous

As the Denon Blue ray is believed to be around £1000-1500 one would hope that the standard DVD playback will be good, this is where i believe that most other manufacturers have failed so far.

The review of the new Pioneer DVD player DVLX50 in Aprils edition is very good although they do say that "musically, could do better". So i guess this means if you want the DVD player for music as well as movies go for the Marantz if your just using the DVD player for Movies go for the Pioneer.

As far as multi region goes i doubt either company would release a DVD player without the ability of making it multi region. I would suggest you contact the shop that you intend to purchase it from and ask them as they do not have to stick to the region 2 manufacturing license in the UK.

The Prices you have got are both very good but always remember, if you buy from a local retailer you get a good service from them sometimes even a home demo and i am sure that they would be able to cut you a good deal.

A

Anonymous

The Marantz DVD players are very easy to make region free yourself, I just had to push in a code on my remote and my DV4001 was region free. That same code works also for the 6001 and 7001. Just google "Marantz DV7001 region free"

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Blu-ray players aren't innately multi-region for DVD playback, but several retailers are starting to sell them as such... As ever, pays to shop around!

A

Anonymous

From reading the review the Pioneer is a 'universal' DVD player. Isn't that the same as region free??

C

A

Anonymous

No, Universal means it will playback DVD formats such as DVD-A and SACD!

Nothing to do with Regions!

A

Anonymous

thanks for info ,wil have to consider marantz . if is more musical than pioneer would it also be better for movie sound for dvds,also in comparsion to a deticated cd player like marantz cd6002 or that price range would the dv-7001 sound as good for cd playback or is better to invest in seperate cd player.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="piopaul"]thanks for info ,wil have to consider marantz . if is more musical than pioneer would it also be better for movie sound for dvds,also in comparsion to a deticated cd player like marantz cd6002 or that price range would the dv-7001 sound as good for cd playback or is better to invest in seperate cd player.[/quote]

You might find this thread handy...

A

Anonymous

I would think that the difference between the CD6002 and DV7001 on CD playback would be a very close run thing!

For convenience the DV7001 has the advantage of being a DVD A and SACD and a top quality CD player with all the latest spec you need for standerd def player, it also takes up less space than 2 units.

If you have the space, want the best of both worlds and want to stick to Marantz you could look at the DV6001 and the CD6002 which would cost you somewhere in the region of £600. Both come up tops in WHF.

All the equipment you have mentioned are top of the pile, i am sure you will be happy with any of them!

A

Anonymous

I have Googled the LX 50 and it does seem to come in a multi-region version! :)

C

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts