pioneer blu ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi im new to this forum and just starting to build up my system and i really mean just starting i ve just bought myself a pioneer pdp-lx 5090 and updraded to sky hd and am using my ps3 as a blu ray player what im looking for is some advice im thinking of buying a pioneer bdp-lx71 as the prices have really fallen with it being an older player i really love the look of this player my only concern is the slow start up and is this really that much of an issue and the other thing is the upgrading as im not brilliant with a computer how easy is this any advice and help would be great thanks

A

Anonymous

Get a BDP-LX52 instead, if you want to stick with Pioneer. It is a new machine, will be comparable to the LX-71 in terms of picture and sound quality and is Profile 2.

Alternatively, there is the Sony BDP-S760.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
After reading some passionate posts between WHF editors and some members,I recently bought the LX08 which is quite similar to LX71 and has amazing picture and sound quality. Loading times are fine by me although not profile 2 but that isn't really important for me as the build quality is second to none.Originally this player was £700-800 but I got it for £365 brand new.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The LX08 is actually more like the '51 in performance terms, but that's a quibble - it's a lovely player. Premium-priced at the time due to its styling (it's a beauty, ain't it?), but a great performer.

Back to the OP - i'd second the choice of the LX52 if you want to go all-Pioneer. It's a stunning player - as shown by keeping its full five-star rating in the face of Sony's bargain onslaught.

D

Deleted member 2457

shadow4470:hi im new to this forum and just starting to build up my system and i really mean just starting i ve just bought myself a pioneer pdp-lx 5090 and updraded to sky hd and am using my ps3 as a blu ray player what im looking for is some advice im thinking of buying a pioneer bdp-lx71 as the prices have really fallen with it being an older player i really love the look of this player my only concern is the slow start up and is this really that much of an issue and the other thing is the upgrading as im not brilliant with a computer how easy is this any advice and help would be great thanks

Gel is in the house,

The pioneer bdp-lx71 is only a couple of seconds slower to load than the 52.

The actual stats for the 52 in Home Cinema choice Mag for this month is 102seconds from tray in to the main BD menu.

Boot speed and tray eject for the 52 is 20seconds.

So profile 2.0 hardly means quicker.

If you want a better picture, sound and build quality there is only one winner and that is the 71.

As far as update discs I have only updated once and I have had it for over one year.

My dad brought one last month and has not updated and has not had any issues.

If you do want to update then you buy a recordable disc and follow the update instructions on the pioneer website, personally I would not bother unless you have any problems.

The 52 only got 4 for performance in home cinema choice mag and 4 overall.

A

Anonymous

I was going to get the LX71 blu-ray player but opted for the LX08 instead. Its exactly the same player apart from its much slimmer and much more of a looker (as Clare said). All the insides are the same. I don't use extras much so don't miss the fact it isn't profile 2.0 compliant. You can get one for very decent money these days. Another good thing about the LX08 is that it looks virtually identical to the Kuro media box that comes with your telly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts