Pioneer BDP-LX71/08/51FD VS Pioneer BDP-LX52

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Pioneer has gone through quite a year the recession has hit them hard it's put an end to the famous Stunning Pioneer Plama.

Pioneer's Dip into Lcd went very bad.

Now could they continue to produce stunning blu ray's and AV equipment being dept ridden and soon to join Sharp to produce blu ray players.

I for one brought the pioneer bpd-lx71 last year, the brand was still very strong and was producing quality products as normal.

Now this year pioneer is very different could they produce the same quality blu ray players?

In short I feel definetely no.

I have recently tested the pioneer bdp-lx71 against the 52.

The 52 had a cheap small plastic feel to it, nothing like the 71.

The picture was not as good and the sound quality was not there.

Has anyone else compared the two and what did you find?

A

Anonymous

I had a BDP-51 and upgraded to the LX-52.

The 52 is much punchier in the colour department. Images look far more detailed and interesting.

The sound seems more lively over the 51 too with surround effects much more pronounced in particular.

Now these are purely my views and observations of course.

Not tried or looked at the 71 though. I went for the 52 as I read many reviews/forums etc and the conclusion was that the 52 is desinged to offer a comparable picture and sound performance to the 71. Profile 2.0 was a bonus too.

As for build quality, the LX-52 has half black perspex and half aluminium front fascia and an aluminium fronted remote. The build quality seems equal but asthetically more pleasing than the BDP-51.

Sliced Bread

I have the Pioneer 320. In terms of build quality it seems on par with the LX-51. Both are quite plasticy, but the 320 is a smaller unit than the LX-51, so to my taste it is a bit tidier. A side by side comparison of the two in the shop showed an almost identical picture...I couldn't tell you which one was best. However this test was done in a brightly lit show room, with dynamic range and edge enhancements set to the max. I didn't have an opportunity to compare the sound. Add to this that the 320 is profile 2.0.

At this price point I wouldn't say the 51 was an improvement over the 320. I personally took the 320. Not bad considering the 320 is the 'range' below the LX-51, although I accept that the LX-51 is heavily discounted these days.

I've not seen the pricier models in action though. I bought mine just before the LX-52 was released, otherwise I would have taken that one for a spin first.

D

Deleted member 2457

I've just added my signature, now I'm a real member
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I tell you what it felt like watching the 52 against the 71 it was like i was watching a pioneer lcd against a pioneer plasma.

The lcd being the 52 and the 71 being the plasma - two totally different machines.

I am not saying the new are bad just different.

Anyone else had any experiences?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If it's any help, last major Pioneer launch I went to, a couple of years back, the company said most people couldn't tell the difference between many aspects of player/TV performance, including 'Full HD' vs 'HD ready', on screens below 42in.

D

Deleted member 2457

The Test was done on a pioneer 42 inch plasma at my dad's house.

He wanted a blu ray player brought the denon dvd2500bt was not happy with the picture, send it back, got the pioneer bdp-lx52 was fuming with the quality of it, the thin sound, and the overall quality of it send it back , then finally went for my one the pioneer bdp-lx71, now he is very happy with sound, picture and build.

emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Thinking about what you just said Andrew I've heard stupid comments like that too.

I always thought it sounded like some idiot trying to get you buy a big expensive tv.

And of course I knew I was right because of my brilliant philips 32pfd9731d lcd.

One of the best hd tv performance's I have seen and its only 1080i.

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:If it's any help, last major Pioneer launch I went to, a couple of years back, the company said most people couldn't tell the difference between many aspects of player/TV performance, including 'Full HD' vs 'HD ready', on screens below 42in.

I can hear the Philips 47" 9664 calling me already!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts