Pioneer BDP-LX52

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I Love my new Blu-ray player, however I feel it is very fussy on the disc inserted. It plays all of my own Blu rays with the exception of Spider Man 3, I have the latest firmware update.

I have also just joined Lovefilm.com, my first BluRay Saw VI won't play at all, displays ''Can't play unknow disc''

I will try the same disc in my PS3 to see if that works tonight, failing this I may have to send my player back [:(]

Jon

A

Anonymous

Hi,I myself have been looking for a new br player,with the lx52 on my shortlist, but having read similar posts about pioneer players being fussy about some discs I will be looking to get the panasonic bd85.I also sub to lovefilm and would find it annoying if I could not play any discs.don't know if you know but panasonic are giving 6 free br with there players.

striple

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I too had pioneer lx52 on loan,had problems not playing certain love film discs also very slow loading times for a player what was £550 now discounted not very impressed ,looks of the pioneer i prefered but thats not everything.

Update now have panny bd85 loading times not the fastest but quicker than the pioneer very happy with picture and sound quality overall very happy with purchase.

striple

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
john1000000boy:This is a worry as i have just ordered mine..... Not needing a firmware update?? I have heard in the past that some players perform better if they have the latest firmware installed??

Hi john100000boy

when i had the kx52 on loan i done a firmware update for avatar which i think is normal,but after update still refused to play 2 love film discs which is the reason it went back and i bought panny.the same discs i loaded into panny played no problem ,even took discs with me back to retailer still refused to play.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Fujineg,

I had the Pioneer BDP-320 & LX-52 and both were quite temperamental with some discs and the slow loading times despite them being Profile 2 machines were also rather annoying.

I sold them both. I now use a Sony BDP-S370 which is brilliant in all respects!

Ronald

A

Anonymous

i have had the lx52 now for nearly a year and a half and the only problem i have had is avatar, but after the update it was fine. never had a problem with lovefilm discs either. like everything about this machine. and for £250 you cant argue

Pittodriered

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I've has my lx52 since the start of the year and have no problems with it what so ever. No problems with Lovefilm discs either including Avatar. The only discs it wouldnt play had both been badly damaged and also wouldn't play on my samsung machine in the bedroom. The latest firmware version is 3.65 and was rolled out 20/04/10.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a bit of a lottery then...... Fingers crossed mine will be ok!! Did buy it from ebay brand new unwanted gift. This is not looking good! What if the seller really has had issues with it and this is the reason for sale?? Did look like a bit of a pioneer dealer as his other items were all pioneer!!

Any tips for the setup of the player to go with my amp (see below) Do you use the pqls? Is downloading the firmware difficult??

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Excellent news!

Lovefilm have sent me a replacement for Saw VI which works a treat, and Avatar, which also works.

I'm very happy again, and can marvel at the images and sound my Pioneer is capable of producing.

Still happy I chose this player.
emotion-21.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There you go, that goes to prove it wasn't the player after all....
emotion-1.gif

If a disc doesn't play, first port of call is a software update. If this doesn't do the trick, then a replacement disc should be tried. The problem with a disc rental service is that minor marks can cause problems with players. Bluray players are a little more fussy that DVD players, so even a small mark could cause problems.

I have an LX52 and have had no issue with it at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts