Pioneer BDP-170K Blue Ray Player

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Anyone else purchased one of these. nice machine. I only bought it on a whim to play some Flac Files. Flac does not work for me or my Cronies. Lots of listening lots of discussions. We can not hear the difference between a flac and a WMA file Sorry. But What I wanted to add was Sometimes when The units Turned of, The only way I can turn it on again is by taking out the power chord out the back and reinserting it. verdict Nice player Run it through a Dac.Not a Film buff sorry. My DVD collection amounts. Shaun The sheep. wollis and grommit and a few Train Cab rides. Thats it

D

Deleted member 2457

That was the same with the Pioneer 55 when it freezes you would have to turn it off by the mains and then back on again.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a BDP-170K no such problems with mine so far and I've had it a couple of months. The biggest issue I have with it is the AV control app on the iPad can be a bit hit and miss in it's operation. It could do with the bugs being ironed out.

I'm overall very pleased with it, I bought if for its SACD capability and it's RCA phono outputs. Also it means I don't have to fire up the PS3 every time I want to just chuck a Bluray on. It is an upgrade over my old Toshiba DVD Player (no more scart leads). It's nicely put together, and the sound from the phono sockets from any playback source is very good indeed! SACD is seriously impressive, I wish the format was more popular.

Mtenga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes I got one last week primarily for SACD playback like the other guy. Build is better then you'd expect for the price though no smart features as such but an excellent player at just over 100. Not supposed to be able to play FLAC over the network but it does for me.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Been the same an all the new pioneer players I have owned - 54, 55 until they release a firmware update you have to suffer it or swop it for another make of player.

They do fix the problems though, best to email them reporting it - will possibly get the fix started quicker

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
I have encounted freezing annoyance like the software total freezes you cant navigate through the options. Without having to pull the mains lead out the back first if the device is left for an hour or so. About this issue I was wondering whether a firmware update might cure if this happening to all the players. other than that , its very good. Mine I use an atlas equator interconect out the digital into a Dac magic. Then Thats fed into my Roksan K2 system. I am wondering now on Hind site, whether the freezing is caused by the 500gb hard drive I have plugged in the usb. When its plugged it it starts normaly . I can navigate to all my music and you tube clips ive downloaded. How does everyone find Miracast connection. Lot of swearing here doing it. Only because I did not read the screen instruction clearly. It says press the miracast button once and it will connect. I learn the hard way.

Edited 05/12/014 spelling oops

Mtenga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
One really annoying thing is that you keep on getting a message about miracast. Have to press a button a second time to get rid of it. Totally unnecessary.

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
Also playing music from an external source ( hard drive) Twice yesterday i tried to press stop and you could not stop the music. The blue ray player becomes unresponsive Hope we get a fix for christmas in the updates. One of you guys mention email them. I no idea how to do that. When you do. Are you emailing Pionner in Asia where ever they are. Or a technical Bod here in UK. Trouble is explaining the situation in a ledgible way.

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
I have found that the RCA outputs have a far better sound than my Cambridge Dac Magic. Which I am Running into a Roksan K2 system. There is again a big difference when you switch from the Pioneer to the Roksan K2 Cd The bottom end difference is apparent.

The device is still freezing solid and I am having to reboot it twice a day sometimes by pulling the mains lead out the back

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts