Clarification from Blu Ray Player thread being locked

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
There has been a thread locked on the Blu ray Player section.

I got a mention in asking a question about my comments and I didnt see it until just now so sorry for not getting back, maybe it would have sorted things before they escalated to the thread being locked - Sorry Guys!!

I think Gel was referring to an early comment I made, based on a SonofSJ comment that his new Sony TV didnt have 3 point white balance controls. I said at the time I would be hesitant buying a TV like at as it seems to be antequated in design as tv's have had this for donkeys years. Without it you cant calibrate it - that is what I said

However SonofSJ corrected this after by saying it does have those controls and I think 10 point controls which is what you expect from a modern TV of most prices and sizes.

So both right - no harm intended by anyone - shame thread got locked, hands up sorry again

D

Deleted member 2457

ellisdj said:

I got a mention in asking a question about my comments and I didnt see it until just now so sorry for not getting back, maybe it would have sorted things before they escalated to the thread being locked - Sorry Guys!!

I think Gel was referring to an early comment I made, based on a SonofSJ comment that his new Sony TV didnt have 3 point white balance controls. I said at the time I would be hesitant buying a TV like at as it seems to be antequated in design as tv's have had this for donkeys years. Without it you cant calibrate it - that is what I said

However SonofSJ corrected this after by saying it does have those controls and I think 10 point controls which is what you expect from a modern TV of most prices and sizes.

So both right - no harm intended by anyone - shame thread got locked, hands up sorry again
That's okay mate, I can remember you made a comment see not made up Son of SJ! Another false accusation by you.

I spoke to Andy and JD at the time they don't know which moderated warned me but it wasn't them and clearly I did nothing wrong either. Some moderator getting too big for their boots clearly!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:

Yes, thanks Ellisdj, I remember now! I did indeed think that my new Sony didn't have proper calibration controls. That was my mistake, it does have adequate calibration controls. That was what was meant when you were quoted. So it's all good. *clapping*

I'll be starting a new thread in the TV section tonight about Mayday!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
That's okay mate, I can remember you made a comment see not made up Son of SJ! Another false accusation by you.

Yes, in this case you quoted Ellisdj correctly. The rebuttal extended beyond that when I said shortly afterwards that the Sony 75W855C did after all have proper calibration controls.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

Yes, in this case you quoted Ellisdj correctly. The rebuttal extended beyond that when I said shortly afterwards that the Sony 75W855C did after all have proper calibration controls.
Okay, let's just leave it there and move on.
thumbs_up.gif

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

Okay, let's just leave it there and move on.

and to set the record straight, I wasnt accusing any particular person of bullying Gel; it was the way people were reacting to his posts and I felt a duty to step in and calm it down...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts