Pioneer 4280XD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Question about the Pioneer 4280XD. Given that the model in this months supertest was the 428XD (which appears to be the higher spec model) is there any likeliehood that you will be testing the 4280.

I'm being drawn towards the 4280 because it appears to retail at between £250 and £300 less than the 428 and for me personally I'm not sure the differences in spec justify the extra outlay. Given the glowing report the 428 received would it be dangerous to "assume" that the 4280 will offer similar levels off performance.

Appreciate any comments.

A

Anonymous

Almost the same machine. Same panel and most of the inerds will be the same. I bought a 427 and a 4270 this year and the differences were small. Though remember the 428 doesn't come with a stand so you have to add the cost on as well.

If it were me and I had the money, I'd get the 428 because the extra functions may allow you to set up the screen better, and have it adapt to the ambient light in the room. But in all honesty, pound for pound you'll get the same picture so perhaps it's better to save the money!

A

Anonymous

Exactly the same picture-No need to go for the more expensive one-besides which the 4280XD is more of a plug and play TV. Easy set up and off you go. Expensive though at around £1600. Have auditoned it at Sevenoaks Hi Fi along with a Panasonic TH42PX70-Only difference is better sound on the Pioneer but personally If forced to choose between either in the shop I would have gone for the Panasonic. However the TV I've now fallen in love with is the Samsung 42PSQ97HDX though anticipate getting the Q96HDX same model just exclusive to Dixons/Currys for Dixons this Saturday. I loved the SD and HD on this.....I could almost shake Harry Potters hand via the Upscaled DVD playing in the shop, whereas by comparsion the picture looked very flat on even TV's like the Panasonic. Black Levels and rich colours go hand in hand with the Pioneer which once again boasts a better sound which is no big problem if you already have 5.1 surround sound or a good 2.1 DVD System

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts