Picture TOO real?!

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I've recently bought a Samsung 32" LED TV (UE32C6510) for bedroom viewing. Beautiful design, and Freeview viewing looks great.

Just one thing. Watching blu-rays, the picture is very detailed and lustrous, but. . . films have the appearance of "video" film, like in a BBC studio. There's no "filmic" quality. Is this because the picture is so "real", or is it the result of processing that can be turned off or trimmed back? I already have most processing options turned off.

Any thoughts/insight much appreciated.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
hunnyy:
I've recently bought a Samsung 32" LED TV (UE32C6510) for bedroom viewing. Beautiful design, and Freeview viewing looks great.

Just one thing. Watching blu-rays, the picture is very detailed and lustrous, but. . . films have the appearance of "video" film, like in a BBC studio. There's no "filmic" quality. Is this because the picture is so "real", or is it the result of processing that can be turned off or trimmed back? I already have most processing options turned off.

I have encountered this with quite a few Samsung sets only, oddly. I know exactly what you mean.

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I think its the motion plus your talking about i.e the 100hz processing, try tuning it down or off, i think this will remove this effect.

A

Anonymous

In the advance settings menu you need to set the motion plus to clear, I had to do this on my brother in laws at the weekend

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
hunnyy:

I have the same TV (well, the C6530, the black version, yours would be white if I remember correctly?). As has been said, it sounds like Motion Plus is on the Standard or Smooth modes with you - Clear is a decent compromise, but my suggestion is to switch it to Custom, and then manually adjust Blur and Judder Reduction levels to suit your taste. Experiment with various combinations - BR is set to 10 on mine (since, IMO, it does a good job of cleaning up motion without making it look like video), and JR set to 4 (making motion smooth, but not too smooth and sped-up, ruining the look of films).

Let us know how it goes, and also if you have any other issues with the TV. It's nice to discuss your TV with another owner!
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts