Picture issues with the LG 47LN578V

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so here's my story. I brought this LG model on Saturday, returned it on Tuesday, and the problem is still persisitng.

Having contacted LG, they have told me to factory reset, done software updates, turned the TV on and off consistently, turned off picture enhancements etc...i have tried it all but it's not working.

Now the actual problem is this: When I watch something I get these lines on the TV. It happens most on Blu-ray, but sometimes Sky. It seems when the camera moves on the footage I'm watching you get these lines, like the picture hasn't caught up properly. Also, you get these little pixels around the picture. Now these lines aren't all the time, and they are transparent. They only come and go during sudden action scenes (not intense action sequences) and during white scenes they are more visible. I've tried loads of Blu-rays, DVDs; so it's not the source.

If I haven't explained properly, please tell me or ask me questions; i apologise.

Does anyone know or can help me, please! :)

I would be forever grateful.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
When you say returned it Tuesday and you still have the problem does that mean you brought the same one home or a different one and that also has the same problem?

have you tried the different settings, cinema, dynamic, normal etc and is it on all of them? If it is it sounds to me like a fault with the tv, and is not something you should be expected to put up with. As its a week old I wouldn't waste any more time on it and I would ask for your money back if it is your second set, or ask the retailer to replace it for another one if its still your first set. The quicker you do this the less hassle you will have in the long run. Trust me from experience, contact the retailer today and ask for either of these.

hope that helps

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Are they vertical or horizontal lines? I'm guessing vertical.

A lot of the Panasonic plasmas from 2012 have had this problem, or similar anyway, it is a fault, and whatever you do, it will probably remain.

So my advice for you is return it for a refund, it's faulty. Don't accept an exchange.

Where did you buy it from?

mannisrai

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, So i returned the television today; and it wasn't a fault, it was the actual model. These lines were actually blur and were caused by the 100hz processing rate. I thought this was a marketing scam and 100hz would be good enough for a 47 inch television! So to anyone who wasn't as quick as me to think what it could be and has a LED/LCD TV; if you are getting problems similar to me, then it's mostly because of the low processing rate!

So what do you guys think I should get now? 200HZ...400HZ or even fork out for a 600HZ?

PS: The LG 47LN578V is a great TV apart from the blur which is occasional! But if have eyes like mine, then you won't be able to watch anything properly!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't have thought of this issue being caused by the relatively slow processing rate. I didn't really have any sense of what would be too slow. Thanks for the information! Maybe I'll stick with my plasmas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts