Philips Pronto

A

Anonymous

I bought a TSU 9400 about eighteen months ago for £600, through a 'local' shop. A quick look at Google shopping suggests that they now go for £800 or so. I have no idea why.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
they are very good but expensive. these days you can get almost the same cheaper - for example check out thinkflood redeye remotes for ipod/iphone (if you have one) - on this site and on the internet.

http://community.whathifi.com/blogs/the_next_big_thing/archive/2010/05/16/hands-on-with-the-thinkflood-redeye-turning-the-iphone-into-a-universal-remote-control.aspx

the best resource for information for pronto family is remotecentral.com http://www.remotecentral.com/remotes.htm

I have Marantz Rc5200 for abt 6 years which is very similar, but if I was buying today I would research well what is availalbel today, like the above option as they are much much cheaper and (800 pounds is ipad territory) are much more versatile i.e. not just universla remotes, but also whatever ipod/ipad does.

A

Anonymous

I found remote central no use whatsoever. You can download the software needed to fully customise a Pronto product from their website though, and you will need to if you are going to get the best out of it.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
I agree, the best is to use the software and set it up on a computer.

in my experience remotecentral is best for in-depth resources like discrete codes, advanced screen layouts, graphics, integration etc. residents on their forum are extremely helphul and experienced programmers and can help resolve simple to quite advanced problems.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Pronto is a great bit of kit. It can be overkill depending on what you wish to do but with a complex set of items to control it is in its elelment. As for getting one cheap, best to speak to your dealer. If you do not know what you are doing their help will be invaluable. All the Pronto stockist should be able to offer you a programming service.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
my mate at work has the Pronto TSU-9600. Genius piece of kit

TSU9600_prodPage.gif

He uses it for everything including his alarms, curtains etc via X10 software, so jealous (well i do have better curtains mind you.....)

And he paid no more than £400-500 brand new when it came out yrs ago.

So much better than the Logitech range

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts