Philips 47PFL9664 V 46PFL9705

Cheva

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, The screen on my 47PFL9664 recently blew. Philips are offering me a new 46PFL9705 as a replacement under warrenty as they are no longer able to source the 47 inch panel. The reviews on the 9664 were all great and I for one was really happy with both HD and SD pictures, wich I thought were superb, especially in detail. Is anyone able to tell me how the 9705 compares picture wise, as some of the reviews (Which magazine in particular) are not so impressive. I'm pressing for the new 9706, but so far they won't budge, but will keep trying.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 9705 is a great screen and the obvious replacement for the 9664. It has all the functions and an improved picture. The 9664 was superb as well but you will be very happy with the LED backlighting on the screen. It just takes a bit of setting up to get the most out of it. A lot of the problems you will read about covered the very early screens - we had our fair share of problems with them but our failure rate from new over the last quarter is zero.

1spaceboo

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have a similar problem with my 9664 and just wondered what you ended up with as a replacement and if you are happy with it? I have also been offered the 9705, but would prefer the 9706, but may try to get the Panasonic TXP50VT30.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Philips 47pfl9664 for a few years now and still very happy with the tv, can you tell me just what problems are happening with the tv please. Thanks

1spaceboo

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I am happy with mine, apart from when I'm watching something like cricket or football, when the camera pans across the pitch there are a few dark vertical lines and some other small dark areas. The rest of the time it's fine and are not visible but it has become quite obvious when watching football.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks 1spaceboo. There was a thread a while ago with those faults on the Philips tv, i dont seem to have any trouble at the momment . Fingers crossed. Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts