Peter Tyson.....

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Well received my new amp monday :dance: :cheer: worked a couple of nights so not much time to play, all set up now first impressions are excellent, will do a mini review soon with in the lounge tart up.

But just to say Peter Tyson are top blokes :clap: paid friday received Monday, couple of points I needed to sort out, chap called mathew helped me out, spent time looking at the manual online :read: must have spent half an hour on the phone, no problem at all, had a chat and laugh, and all sorted.

So thanks to all at Peter Tysons, I have never bought any thing like this before online/Ebay so was very wary, made a couple of phone calls to them just to confirm the procedure and was reasured every part of the way during the transaction, so all in all a great expereince, great price, free next day delivery, 2-year warrantee, and first class after sales, just the blue player next..... 8)

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
hello mate

I was toying with C.Audio but now I have the pioneer, it will be the XL55 or the BDP 450 blu-ray play back will be much of the same, both do SACD so it will be a case of quality I suppose, upscaling does not interest me, so actually thinking about this question I think the 450 would serve well for my needs, it will be in a unit anyway so would not be on display so to speak, but maybe its the A/V snob in me, if I can get the LX-55 for a good price I would not hesitate, so we will see..... 8)

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Why thank you sir...I have to say I am very pleased with so far, the sound is very good indeed, as I have in-walls I did not how they would sound so it was very hit and miss, and this would have been the case with any amp, so I was a little concerned about how the in-walls would sound, but they are brilliant, the bass from them is top notch, deep, tight, rich and I do not have a sub yet, so things can only get better, I am so glad I put the extra effort into fitting back boxes and sealing them well as the results are paying off, Sky films are excellent as well, stearing of the surrounds are a revelation, I really have missed the Home cinema thing, the last amp was the pioneer VSA-AX10i £2000 then, so things have come on alot, I am looking forward to hearing the HD-Formats from blu-ray. The 2013-AV APP is briliant to just plugged the ethernet cable in and the Amp found it straight away, My duaghter was listening to her ipad and a amp icon appeared, pressed it and Hey... music from the ipad to amp brilliant, so pretty impressed at the moment still alot to figure out, the one I forgot though is there is no manual only a CD AV-Navigator which is a pain, so I just down loaded the manual from pioneer, AND the remote is total C--P very cheao feel to it and every button pressed clicks, so thank god for the APP, anyway will update when I have had a chance to really give a working out.... 8)

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
If you've not heard HD audio on BluRay yet you're in for a treat.
The sooner you can get that sub the better though, it will give the system a massive boost!

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
The less about that the better...the sub I had lined up has now fallen through, which is really gutting, so now I have to go through all that palava of reading reviews deming and the like, although at the back of my mind the BK-400 seems to be a contender, it seems that it does pretty much all that is required from a sub, Blu-ray being top of the list then music, the music side of things is pretty much ipad/radio/online, I am not a HiFi nut so looking for quality music play back is not important to me, the only thing is not being able to dem the BK, although as I said it seems to have excellent feed back, I dont I have read anything bad about any of there subs, and no the Monolith is not an option, I would rather have some smaller to medium size that kick my A--e and rip my lungs out :O but has controll and having in-walls could be a litle tricky, I will have to do some research, but if any one has any suggestions please fire away..... 8)

D

Deleted member 2457

Congrats on the amp, I love Pioneers. :cheers:

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You wont go far wrong with a bk 400 - they are surprisingly good. Not perfect but in most rooms you won't get anything like perfect bass, you will be lucky to get average bass The monolith will be amazing in the right hands I feel horrific in the wrong ones!! Make sure you start to consider bass eq - it makes all the difference in the world. Units such as antimodes are essential bits of kit when your receiver doesn't eq in the bass. I have not seen a pioneer receiver that has bass eq. Correct me if I am wrong. Budget in an antimode into your purchase - its about the best and easiest to use unit for a novice on sub woofer setup! Corner placement for the bk400 - antimode sorts out well your bass modes that's as good as you'll get without a manual eq setup! Trust me on the antimode ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts