Personal preferences on equipment!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys.

I am in the market for a surround system to complement my Pioneer 50" plasma, I have about £1500 - £2000 to spend.Having read as many reviews for both Amp & Speaker pakages on this site and having visited shops in Liverpool,Manchester & Wigan, Armed with this Knowledge I have concluded that as with Television purchases, it comes down to individual personal preference! Every time i think i have my ideal package, someone throws a spanner in the works, so in a real quandary i turn to you for guidence .

Do i spend more on a good amp than on the speakers, do I try and even out the cost, or spend more on the speakers,???

Please , if you would give me your opinion on the following equipment, in any order or as writen.

1 . Denon Avr2310, Kef 2005.3 Or Kef 3005SE (Van Den Hul HDMI cable)

2. Pioneer VSX1019 or VSX919, B&W 685 (Van Den Hul HDMI able)

3. Denon Avr 2310, B&W685

4.PIoneer VSX1019,Bose AM10

5. any amp above with MonitorAudio ?

Every shop has their own opinion, e.g The only difference between Pioneer 1019 & 919 is HDMI slots, no difference in quality?The Kef 2005 with cube 2, is as good as the Kef 3005SE although £500 cheaper? Its a minefield.

sorry to harp on, but need to make the correct decision first time around, cant afford to muck up.

cheers Oggy

Your options all look good on paper. You must take a demo to see what you like, though.

The KEF 3005 is superior to the 2005 performance wise.

With Monitor Audio speakers, check out Yamaha RX-V2065 or any other Yamaha receiver............it's supposed to be one of the best partner to Monitor Audio speakers.

Look at spending around 60% on speakers & 40% on the receiver.

TRENDING THREADS