PerfectView TV, a genuine revolutionary product or a scam?

I'm not sure how true this is? It's impossible to make a TV with 4 different programmes running at the same time enjoyed by different people in different angles. Also claims to do 3D for upto 2 different programmes. You'll need 4 times the pixels needed, so the resolution is going to be pretty poor.

I think this is a scam.

Reactions: WayneKerr
I do get the sense that what they’re claiming - if possible - will be at reduced resolution. Surely to be able to produce independent pictures at different angles, it has to have some noticeable interference with each other. We will see. If we ever hear about it ever again.

This is another thing I hate about this “modern world” - all these Kickstarter type sites is just a free pass for scam artists. The amount of “4K” projectors I see advertised that are the size of a mobile phone and claim 3D, silly bright HDR, etc etc on a crystal clear 300” viewing screen (with all the usual fake comparison photos) all for under £1500 is unbelievable. I usually ask if they’re native 4K, which they will always answer yes. Which obviously is total xollob.

Hardly any of these products that actually get as far as production get lasting support - they’re started by a couple of guys in a garage who think they can make a quick buck with a new idea, but actually have no idea how to run a company or comprehend what is needed to keep the end product up to date software wise. So they eventually go under, and you’ve lost all support for a product has fast gone out of date anyway because they’ve take so long to get through development to production that genuine companies have moved on to the next best thing. But people keep buying this crap because it’s cheap and they fall for the promise of something which isn’t achievable at the price they’re asking with any sort of quality attached to it.

AndyTake2

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I've only had a quick look at these, but they are probably related to some tech that has been around a while.
I recall seeing a Top Gear where they showed a Range Rover, which had a screen which showed multi-angle images; the driver saw one thing and the passenger another.
How far along this is is anyone's guess. Until sites like What HiFi pick up on it and test, I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

Friesiansam

I've only had a quick look at these, but they are probably related to some tech that has been around a while.
I recall seeing a Top Gear where they showed a Range Rover, which had a screen which showed multi-angle images; the driver saw one thing and the passenger another.
How far along this is is anyone's guess. Until sites like What HiFi pick up on it and test, I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.
I think the Jaguar iPace has the same screen. Stretching that to four seperate images, visible quite separately, to four people sitting close together, as implied by the pictures in the linked site, seems unlikely to work well, if at all.

I think the Jaguar iPace has the same screen. Stretching that to four seperate images, visible quite separately, to four people sitting close together, as implied by the pictures in the linked site, seems unlikely to work well, if at all.
Feels that way, doesn't it? The in car setup knows almost exactly where their heads will be, and like those lenticular images of old are separated by a large viewing angle.

Reactions: Friesiansam

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
I'm not sure how true this is? It's impossible to make a TV with 4 different programmes running at the same time enjoyed by different people in different angles. Also claims to do 3D for upto 2 different programmes. You'll need 4 times the pixels needed, so the resolution is going to be pretty poor.

I think this is a scam.
Four different people watching four different programmes all on one TV. How about the sound. Headphones only I guess. Sounds like a waste of time as well as a pointless idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts