People who constantly advise Plasma over LCD!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

hey great choice i have been with plasma since day 1, enjoy.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
With LCD, I think a lot depends on the screen size, I have not noticed any clouding or bleeding from the corners on my screen. At the end of Planet Earth where I paused it on a black screen you can see the backlight process system at work but it still does not detract from a splendid albeit brighter image of whatever format is on display. I guess I got used to LCD from my PC Monitors where my first one was a cracking Samsung 15" when LCD was the rage over CRT.

A

Anonymous

I'm like Streamer, i went from 32" Toshiba to 42" Panasonic on the surprising suggestion of the misses(size-wise) and i would never go back to LCD. The odd time i use the Tosh in the bedroom i find myself adjusting the picture settings, never totally happy with the picture unlike the Plasma.

A

Anonymous

I only bought my th-37px80 a few weeks ago going by reading this forum. I have had a few lcd's before and although I still think an lcd is better for PC use Im surprised how quickly I have fallen in love with my new plasma. I havent got anything special and the 37px80 is at the budget end of the scale but compare it with any lcd around the £500 mark and it will leave it for dead. I also think plasma displays are so much better built, maybe because of the weight of the screen and the components.

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I think full HD with LCD (40W4500) makes all the difference. It's always great and as such, tinkering with the LCD picture is minimal. Sky HD 1080i is also great. Still have a problem with SD material, however.

A

Anonymous

i understand people being swayed towards plasma and it does have it's benefits but the new LCD tv's coming out now are better and better.the whole clouding issue with the sony's w4500 series hasn't done LCD any favours.saying that i've got a samsung 46 series 9 with smart LED backlighting and it's absolutely stunning.on blu-ray the picture is the best i have ever seen.the dark knight is incredible with the blackest blacks ever, it's up there with the KURO and for a lot less.sky hd is stunning to.the good thing with smart led is you can have amazing vibrant colours with jet blacks at the same time.

so plama does have it's plus points but there are some incredible sets out there!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts