Pearl lite price drop after pm8005 launch?

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the marantz pm8005 is a direct successor of the pearl lite amp? Or is it more likely to be the chinese rather than japanese built successor to the pm8004 that was available in the US?

I'm wondering if i should wait to see if the price of pearl lites drop after the launch of the pm8005 in December - given that they've already dropped from £900 to around £670 will the prices drop even further or will it just be minor discounts for stock clearance?

I was hoping to see a NA7005 as a successor to the 7004 too, but the NA8005 given the '8' in its name, is probably in the next price bracket (around £1k on launch?)

Do any of you guys working in the hifi shops have some insight into this?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how many Pearl lites are left, when I had my demo in May that was the last one the dealer had. I thought the 8000 series was the USA version?

They may drop or they may go up.

I see Richers stocks them so I would sign up for their emails and keep an eye out.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
even at 650 the pearl lites are a bargain especially when you read the owners opinions on here ...i dont know how much better the new models will be .........as good as i.m sure they are theyre cant be that much difference in performance.......maybe demo the pearl lites now at richer sounds and see what you think

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts