PC Speakers £100

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I've been looking around for some speakers to use with my PC. I'm into composing music, and generaly love listening to music, and I really can't stand bad quality speakers (Also since i'm using them for composing, I need to be able to hear all the details). I may also use them for my media PC (i.e. to watch TV through).

So far I've looked around and come to the conclusion that the Q Acoustics 2010 and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, both of which you can get through Amazon for £100 (because they're not this years models), but I have just realsied that they may need an amp.. am I right?

Basicly, my budget is £100 and I can't afford an amp too! please recomend some speakers for me :)

Thanks! (p.s. I don't mind if there are some fantastic speakers for £100 because they are models from previous years.. all im interested in is quality!)

hifi shock

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
you have to buy some studio monitor amplified speakers like Empire or Edifier,or something of basic professional brands like M-Audio,Behringer,etc...or a good headphones!Or some speakers+ T Amp

A

Anonymous

Hey, check out Otone Audio's Stilo 2.1 Pro, it just launched this week. It has a seperate digital amp included and is only £89.99

http://www.otoneaudio.co.uk/speakers/desktop2_1/StiloPro

A

Anonymous

so would the wharfdale's or q acoustics definately need an amp, or could I connect them to my pc?

hifi shock

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
yes,but you can buy and old stereo amp for few money to use with them.Let's buy a Sony stereo amp,they are fantastic.If you want I can find for you something good on ebay :)

A

Anonymous

hifi shock said:
yes,but you can buy and old stereo amp for few money to use with them.Let's buy a Sony stereo amp,they are fantastic.If you want I can find for you something good on ebay :)

If you could find something cheep on ebay it would be good.. I really can't go much over £100 in total though, and the speakers come to that themselves. Thanks :)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
henrysnape said:

You will need to check connections so that whatever you choose will connect to your PC. The one I linked is USB, so fine.

I haven't tried any so can't comment personally, so do some research. Check Amazon, and maybe ask on [LINK REMOVED - house rules].

£100 is tight to say the least and it may be worth saving for a while.

hifi shock

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
henrysnape said:
If you could find something cheep on ebay it would be good.. I really can't go much over £100 in total though, and the speakers come to that themselves. Thanks :)
It's simple:just search on ebay this "sony ta",and buy an amp with the name that starts in this way "ta-fa"(highend) "ta-fb"(mid level) "ta-fe"(entry level) "ta-s7". Just consider only these amps.If you search them directly entering on ebay.de you'll find much more amps

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
£100 is a tight budget, for a PC system, I would go for a T-Amp (search ebay) and pair of speakers, Something like the Rega Kyte can be had for around £50-£75, the T-Amps go for between £30-£60 depending on model.

You could also look at some older active speakers, like the Tannoy Reveal range that turn up pretty cheap on eBay as well.

krazy_olie

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Audioengine a2 is a safe bet if you want something small. No need for a separate amp. If budget was double i'd say go for the cheap spearate amp route but at £100 (or just over) you will struggle to get both.

krazy_olie said:
Audioengine a2 is a safe bet if you want something small. No need for a separate amp.

Agreed. It's a brilliant speaker in a small package.

Two more options to consider:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/frankenspiel-fs-1

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H7372ZM/A/soundscience-frankenspiel-fs1-powerplay-speakers

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-personal-audio/digital-music-solutions/computer-speakers/companion-2-speaker-system/

Bose is often slated for its home cinema systems, but it makes brilliant computer speakers & headphones. They also give you an unconditional 30-day trial so you can return them if you're not happy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts