Partington Dreadnoughts

matthewpiano

Am very interested in the view of the WHF team and other forum users. Having been absolutely shocked at the huge amount of extra performance my cable upgrades to Chord Rumour 2 and Chord Chameleon Silver + have given me, I now want to ensure that I am wringing every last bit of performance out of my system.

I am wondering whether upgrading from my Atacama SE6 speaker stands to Partington Dreadnoughts will bring about any further significant steps upward. How much better are the Dreadnoughts than my Atacamas? Is it a change worth making?

matthewpiano

Thanks Andrew. Think I'll leave it then until I eventually upgrade the speakers. Fancy a pair of RS1s eventually so maybe that will be the time to look at the Dreadnoughts. Some time away though that!!

I'll put the money towards a new turntable instead.

A

Anonymous

I was lucky enough to get a pair of superdreadnoughts at christmas from my very understanding wife. I was amazed at the improvement in detail and scale they gave over my previous soundstyle z's. That was with B&W 602 s3's. I'm picking up my MA GS10s later today, and can't wait to hear the combination. I'll let you know how they sound together, and maybe those on the forum that know will be able to advise on compatibility with RS1s.

Cheers,

Shuggie

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i bought the partington broadsides a couple of days ago for £199 for my b&w 685 speakers to replace my atacama nexus 6 stands, should be receiving the broadsides later today hopefully. hope ive not wasted my money on the new stands if improvements are only going to be minimule, sure they wont
emotion-42.gif

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I am interested in this - i have Neat Motive 3 speakers on Soundstyle Z2's and would upgrade if i beleived there would be a discernable improvement with the Partington dreadnoughts.

I cant get a demo at the moment so those who with experience, what sort of improvement would i get from the outlay ?

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
i am also in the market to get some stands for my AVI neutrons, would the partingtons be a significant improvement on the Soundstyle Z2? they are quite alot of extra money would it be that big a difference?

A

Anonymous

Well, the GS10s are now in pride of place atop the Superdreadnoughts, and I can confirm they are a great match. Just listened through 2 albums, Shaking the Tree (Peter Gabriel), on CD, and Saturday Night, Sunday Morning (The River Detectives), on Vinyl. Fantastic sound, clear but powerful bass, real drive and excitement to the mids, and little trebly bits I didn't know were there before. Comparing with the Soundstyles would involve dismantling my 7.1 setup, but as I mentioned before, with the B&W's the change was massive, like a duvet had been lifted off the speakers. Also, the MA's sound even better on the Partingtons than they did on their dedicated stands when I demoed them on Saturday.

I now plan to settle in for an evening of musical joy, while grinning like a three year old.

And that's before the Kandy K2's arrived, so still on the old A65+

TRENDING THREADS