Paradigm Seismic 110 vs KEF R400B Subwoofer - Which is better?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chewy,

Once again, sincere thanks for yout input & advice! Paradigm dealers are quite few & far between - even in London! Most are quite far for me & even then, they do not normally stock which would mean a special order. I doubt if they would allow me a home trial & even then, if it did not work out, I would have to go through the hassle of going some distance & back, paying upfront & then getting a refund & pay restockimg fees etc - it's just too much hassle tbh.

This is the very thing I wanted to avoid as initially mentioned & why as a novice, I was commenting on the lack of specs as they leave novices like me completely in the dark rather than giving at least a some sort of ball park figure that one can work with!

I fully take on your points about the home being the best environment to judge, assess & take measurements & think it is solid advice - hopefully one day I may have the knowledge, skills & ability to do such things but am unable to do so currently!

I agree that Paradigm make great stuff & which I why I am so interested in the Seismic 110!

Thank you again!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello Bazzy,

I'm not sure if you've seen many online reviews, but this one here on What Hi-Fi liked it a lot http://www.whathifi.com/review/paradigm-seismic-110 and this one in Home Cinema Choice magazine liked the Seismic 110 very much also http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/paradigm-seismic-110-901098/review Unfortunately this isn't an exact copy of the reivew that originally appeared in the December 2010 issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine. In the original magazine review the frequency range was quoted as 18-150 Hz, but without any +-3dB limits.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello. New to the forums so thought I would drop in a comment. I have a lot of experience of both subwoofers and found that the Paradigm a much better performer all round. Much faster with a lot more control. The fact you can EQ really takes it to another level entirely. As long as you can get along with its looks and your room isn’t too big it’s a sure fire winner over the Kef.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
themovierooms said:
Hello. New to the forums so thought I would drop in a comment. I have a lot of experience of both subwoofers and found that the Paradigm a much better performer all round. Much faster with a lot more control. The fact you can EQ really takes it to another level entirely. As long as you can get along with its looks and your room isn’t too big it’s a sure fire winner over the Kef.

Welcome to the mayhem...........It's good to have you aboard.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
themovierooms said:

Welcome to the mayhem...........It's good to have you aboard.

Many thanks CnoEvil. Looking forward to it!

TRENDING THREADS