Panny TXP42X20 anything better under £500?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Been having a look for a new tv for my parents mum will only have a freeview twin tuner and a normal dvd going through it, in future possibly a hd twin tuner nothing more. The Panny 42" x20 seems good value at £400 from richer sounds just wandered if there was anything better not fussed if plasma or lcd, just want the best picture poss for sd tv really But it must come from JL or Richer as she'd want the 5 year warranty any help would be great thanks

A

Anonymous

i reckon that would be hard to beat at the price, some would argue a good 1080p lcd like the sony ex403 would be better, perhaps with hd? but for sd that 720p panny would be ideal imo, unless its situated opposite a window in a very bright room id go for it..

A

Anonymous

On their site it says 400 but in a leaflet i picked up today says 470 or 370 with a tv trade in so i'm gonna give em a ring tomorrow as i've got an old black and white set somewhere so they can have that !

A

Anonymous

Got it for £370 with a trade in, the offer finishes 15th oct but he's going to honour it and i'll pick it up sometime next thurs. Fantastic service as usual.

A

Anonymous

Hi Stu31,can you post your thoughts on this tv as my sis in law is looking for a new tv, but dont want to pay alot,my thoughts was on the samsung c450 plasma,but if you give it a good reveiw that could be the one to get,she is not interested in blurays or HD,just something with a good picture and haif decent sound,thanks.

A

Anonymous

Yeah sure i'll post it in this thread but as already said won't be getting it until next thurs

regards

T

the record spot

Just heard some very good things of Sony's KDL-32-EX403 which superceded the 32S5500 model I'd watched a few weeks ago in a hotel room I stayed in. About £479 with trade-in at Sony Centres apparently. Nice set, good functionality (apparently it'll hook up to your internet for streaming YouTube, Lovefilm, etc) and a nice picture. Good build too.

A

Anonymous

simoncar:Hi Stu31,can you post your thoughts on this tv as my sis in law is looking for a new tv, but dont want to pay alot,my thoughts was on the samsung c450 plasma,but if you give it a good reveiw that could be the one to get,she is not interested in blurays or HD,just something with a good picture and haif decent sound,thanks.

Hi Simon,

mum's only had it a day I set it up with a tacima and the sd picture is very good, nice depth to the picture better than i expected it would be to be honest, menu's are straight forward.... even my mum can navigate them !
Initial thoughts are positive for £370-400 it seems a decent entry level set for what she requires will see how it beds in over the coming weeks.

A

Anonymous

Hi,just seen the Panasonic DMP-BDT300EG 3D Ready Blu-ray Disc Player for £250 on JL site would this be another alternitive to the two players im thinking of getting as im having trouble getting hold of a bd85,what do you guys think,thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts