Panny DMR EX77 problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I wonder if anyone can offer any advice please ? My 3 yr old panasonic has a problem whereby it refuses to recognise any dvd discs be it Original bought ones or DVD-r etc....apparently it's a common problem...The HDD side of thing works no bother...So to my questions :- Is it possible to buy a spare DVD drive for it ?..If not will cost of having it repaired outweigh the value of the machine ?..This is my main concern...I have many hours of home video on the HDD which i never got round to burning to disc..How can i retrieve it ?...I'm so annoyed as the machine has hardly been used in the 3 years that i've had it....One thing to mention is that i've tried cleaning the lens and spindle (as advised on many of the forums )..All help as usual is greatly appreciated..........Bill

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I had this on my DMR-EX78. (Does it make lots of clunky noises when trying?)

I powered it off (from the wall).

Took it out to the conservatory table where there was lots of daylight. Unscrewed the casing and slid it off.

Unscrewed the top metal lid/cover from the transport and got a lint free microfibre cloth (slightly dampened with distilled water) and wiped dust and gunk from the little 'platten' the disc sits on when spinning. The lens looked clean already so I did not touch that.)

Re-assembled.

Completely cured.

I think the problem is that the fan sucks in a lot of #### and dust and this gets onto the platten (has a rubbery black surface) and prevents a secure grip.

A

Anonymous

I've had a go at that Chebby, but i don't suppose theres any harm in having another go....Thanks

A

Anonymous

Well i tried cleaning the disc clamp again, but still the same...The disc attempts to spin , the laser carriage moves furiously a rew times then i get NO READ on the display..I even tried some carefully placed double sided sticky tape between disc and clamp..But still the same...The laser carriage makes the same attempts and noises regardless of whether there is a disc in or not..One question ( might be a daft one though ), should the laser light be visible ?....If i cannot get the drive to work is there any way of getting my vids out of the Hard drive.? Bill

TRENDING THREADS