Panasonic VT20 or GT30

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I’m after some advice.

I am about to splash out on a new 46" TV and before making my mind up I could do with some guidance.

I was originally plumping for the GT30 model but notice that the older VT20 has the same spec (as far as I can see) but is a bit cheaper.

Can anyone please advise, is there a spec difference and/or does the GT30 justify the extra cost?

Any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

I'd go for the GT30 personally, it's thinner and although have known to have some issues, it's not as wide spread as the VT20 range.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Id go for the GT30,

i had a VT20 and now have a VT30, the VT20 had the following flaws which really bugged me

1) Floating blacks - if you google you'll see lots about it, but basically in dark scenes in movies like say the matrix the brightness levels would ramp up a couple of notches suddenly. It was due to the way the panel was driven - some never noticed it, but when i did it always annoyed me

2) 50Hz motion issues - they were more apparent on the vt20

3) 3d infared flooding - in 3d mood the tv blasted out a lot of IR so basically my sky remote wouldnt work when watching 3d.

The 50hz issues are still there with the 30's but they are a lot less apparent. Floating blacks are fixed as is the 3d IR flooding issue. In terms of absolute picture quality there probably isnt a lot in it - black levels etc would be comparible.. I have a 42Vt30 now, and i'm kinda regretting i didnt get a 46 GT30... the GT30 is meant to be very good, especially in a room with a little more light.. whereas the VT's really shine in a light controlled room..

Happy shopping!

A

Anonymous

Hey there, you have waited all this time, there's not much further to go now.

I'm wanting to buy a Panasonic TV this year. I'd advise you buy neither, or that at the very least wait for the GT/VT 30 series to drop in price due to the GT/VT 50 series being released.

Their VT50 series TV won a few awards at this years CES 2012. Their active 3D glasses will also be incompatible with their older sets, but should be built now to a more universal spec. They should be compatible with other brands, regarding active 3D sets built this year.

In case your wondering, there will be no ST/GT/VT 40 series. The number four is known to bring misfortune, according to Japanese culture.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts