Panasonic vs Sony tv

greysunday

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Was all set for a top of range Panasonic until the reviews of Sony 853 & 753. But what is this " so-so DVD upscaling " mean? I currently play all DVD via sony blu ray into a w4000 set. Is it true to say that these sets are excellent in all but SD sources? I watch alot of old analogue material archived to DVD from a Sony DVD recorder. What im saying is. If I'm prepared to pay £1800 for a Sony flagship model, shouldn't it produce the best possible picture and sound acccording to source?

greysunday

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for being thick but are you talking about USB or internet upscaling? The DVD or blu ray players are always used to upscale DVD. Surely thay are not putting a DVD slot in the side of the TV?

I mean your existing Sony blu ray player's DVD upscaling ability. If your blu ray player upscales the DVD picture, there would be no need for your TV to upscale it. And so you won't have to worry about "so-so DVD upscaling" of the TV.

greysunday

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Get what you mean now. Hadn't thought of the tv upscaling. Thought it was done by external hardware. Just check if the the Sony logo still illuminates and I think the 55' 853 is the way to go. After September of course. Probably get a free PS3 or blu rays or glasses for free. Like thay tend to do every Autumn in their rewards scheme

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts