panasonic usa potential problems.......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

ive changed the heading of this thread , because it doesnt appear , that european pannys are giving problems ....

as for the u.s. pannys , well i guess we will see , panasonics reply to the review site that has been covering this story , is very interesting , and the subject of much discussion ..

i dont know why some people feel like they have to take a side ? its a scam , its a hoax , its a conspiricy , how could anyone know that ???

i say lets wait and see what happens , i dont think a certain mr katzmier is going to be highlighting this potential problem lightly ??

A

Anonymous

staggerlee:Let it go people. Its a non issue and a non story. That's the problems with forums. You name any product and you will find some forum which states some problem with it. It doesn't mean one exists. I find it odd that people who have no problem with their panasonic Tv's are asking panasonic to respond ?

Whilst you make a valid point, if there are a few dodgy sets around, and I'm not saying that there are, as I have not even looked this problem up because I don't want to become paranoid and start looking for faults with my set, then it would be reassuring if Panasonic's response to those who have experienced problems with their tvs had been positive, in order to give the rest of us some peace of mind. Incidentally, I'm not sure what Panasonic's response has been, but from what I've read on here, they say it is to be expected.

A

Anonymous

hmmm , interesting bit of news , panasonic usa have again contacted the u.s. review site in question , and have said that they estimate it takes 3 years for a panny plasma to reach a point where its black levels settle , but they dont say how much lighter the blacks get , saying only that the tv will still be excellent , even with less inky blacks ....

the said reviewer has since removed the v10 as his editors choice , and is now reccomending the samsung b650 b850 plasmas over the 09 panny range ,as the reason the pannys initially pipped the sammys was because of their superior blacks , but now that it has been made clear (by panasonic) that the deep blacks when reviewed , are temporary , the samsungs superior colour wins the day...

i suspect this story may gather pace....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I suspect you may be flogging a dead horse, but I am impressed that the reviewer in question can judge how a TV may look three years hence, and compare it with how a rival product may look in three years' time.

Does he do lottery numbers, too? Or is it a case of Woodward/Bernstein Syndrome by proxy?

A

Anonymous

ok , i started this thread in the wrong manner (id just stopped smoking
emotion-10.gif
), but im not flogging anything , im just an interested observor of the story , although i have no idea why nobody else seems interested , anyway , ill leave it be now.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts