Panasonic TX-P50X60........£419 including 5 year warranty.......bargain?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Got the above deal lined up.........should I 'pull the trigger'?

My current tv is 'only' an hd ready tv and I'm not overly interested in 3D movies or 1080P tv's as its mainly used for freeview hd which is transmitted at 720p/1080i.

We do watch the occasional blu ray and play x box kinect.

I would like to spend more, but I have a daughter on the way next month and unexpected car bills too. In fact I was looking at projectors a week or so ago!

Anyway, with a budget of £500 and the need for a 50" tv would this be a good buy? :cheers:

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Wow! I cannot find a better deal than what you've found! :clap:

I found cheaper......sainsburys were doing this tv for £399.99, so I got JL to price match it so I can get their great service and 5 year warranty. Delivery is next Wednesday. :dance:

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I didn't know you could still get HD ready or 720p tv's anymore, i thought they were all full HD.

Anyway £399 for a 50" tv is a cracking bargain, enjoy. :)

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
I didn't know you could still get HD ready or 720p tv's anymore, i thought they were all full HD.

Anyway £399 for a 50" tv is a cracking bargain, enjoy. :)

Still a few around....in fact this is a new model. Last years version got a 5 star review on this very site!!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
New tv today!!!! Can't wait to have it delivered.....just enough time to remind the wife on how to run a plasma in!!!! (No Sky News!!!!!!) :wall:

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
First impressions are pretty good. The wife was a bit worried by the size of the new tv when next to the 42" we currenly have. Once in place and watching it for a while, she became accustomed to its size and thought it was good.

We sit about 3.6 metres away from the screen, which is why I was happy to go hd ready (and to save a few pennies!). Any closer and a full HD screen would have been better at this size of screen. I've not played with any setting yet, just watched some freeview sd and HD, both of which look very good (especially hd) Blu ray also looks very good too although I am 'zooming' the picture to cover the whole screen in the 'run in' period.

All in all, I'm impressed with this tv so far, especially at £399.99 including a 5 year warranty and delivery. :clap:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a good old fashioned bargain to me Pete, nice one.

The main thing is that you are happy with it so I just hope you get many years of enjoyment from it and be careful with the run in mate and if the tv carries it then do what Son_of_SJ suggested and use the pixel orbiter function to reduce the chances of image retention, there are no guarantees it will stop it completely but it will reduce any examples to just occasional instances so it's well worth using. A quick screen wash will then remove any images you may get with no problem at all and along with Sky News avoid Sky Sports News too...both of which are very quick ways to ruin a plasma screen.

Surprised to hear 720p tvs are still be made at that screen size but as you say it reduces the price considerably eh, enjoy the new tv :)

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Oldboy said:
Sounds like a good old fashioned bargain to me Pete, nice one.

The main thing is that you are happy with it so I just hope you get many years of enjoyment from it and be careful with the run in mate and if the tv carries it then do what Son_of_SJ suggested and use the pixel orbiter function to reduce the chances of image retention, there are no guarantees it will stop it completely but it will reduce any examples to just occasional instances so it's well worth using. A quick screen wash will then remove any images you may get with no problem at all and along with Sky News avoid Sky Sports News too...both of which are very quick ways to ruin a plasma screen.

Surprised to hear 720p tvs are still be made at that screen size but as you say it reduces the price considerably eh, enjoy the new tv :)

pixel orbiter is on as a default... :clap:

A friend came by tonight to look at the tv. He has a Sony 55" full hd from last year (whf winner) and he was impressed as his cost nearly 4 times more. He gave it 7/10 as a tv, but 10/10 when taking in account the cost of it!

if you sit far enough away, HD ready tv's can really be a bargain! Not many 50" around...in fact only seen this one and a Samsung one recently.

Got setting on 'true cinema' mode (serious watching) and 'normal' which is dimmer...until the first 200 hours are done....

one thing I have noticed when a panning blue screen comes up.....one 'band' from top to bottom just off centre left on screen. It's ok on a white and green screen though.....a problem, or don't worry about it?

Gillette

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Co-Op Electrical was doing the P50X60B for £349.99 (= £379.99 - £30 with promo code, now expired), during the run up to the New Year (2013/14)

Standard manufacturer's warranty, whatever that means.

Free delivery, with 60 minute timed slot, but they don't tell you when the time slot is until the day before!?

Anyway, very happy with it.

I bought a Samsung 59" Smart Full HD Plasma two years ago for about £1,000, which could buy THREE P50X60B!

I used to buy Full HD TVs thinking it's futre proof, but I don't need the higher resolution, as the P50X60B does a perfectly decent job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts