HDMI network around the house

mpwestmancoat

Dec 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have a home set up that contains 5 TVs, 3 are 720p/1080i HD ready Stereo TV's, 2 are Full 1080p Dolby Digital/DTS TV's. I also have a Panasonic DMR-BS750 FreeSat HD/HDD/Bluray recorder.

I am currently using an 8 way HDMI Active Splitter/Amp to send the output of the Panasonic to each TV, picture is fine on all sets but drops to 1080i as expected because this is the lower resolution of the 5 TVs, however the audio output is also downmixed to PCM meaning that I can't get DD/DTS on the 2 TVs without having to disconnect the lower resolution TV's.

Is there a solution to my problem? Would an extra splitter/amp for 1080p & DD/DTS which then fed into a second splitter/amp for 1080i/Stereo solve it or would the lower resolution TVs still drag down the signal anyway?

MPW

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I recognise I'm not being helpful, but why do you need watch a blu ray on five TVs simultaneously?

It is also the OP's freesat box. It just means they can watch it from which ever tv they like without multiple dish inputs

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it is a solution that will do everything you need, but if you check the Keene Electronics website, they have a HDMI-Cat6-HDMI that may be worth taking a look at, along with a multitude of other AV distribution products.

vidar6

Nov 6, 2007
Visit site
This is a well know problem in the world of custom install and the solution is to use a HDMI up/downscaler, which means that the 1080P displays will not be dragged down to a lower resolution.

This CYP device is the best product out there to solve your issues, and it works absolutely spot on.

http://www.cypeurope.com/store/store/app/product/SY-298H24/HDMI-to-HDMI-Up-%26-Down-Scaler---Including-24fps-input-support-

You should be able to buy this from both Keen and Lektropacks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts