Panasonic Tx 37lzd70

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a Panasonic TX37LZD70 on the basis of reviews in What Hi Fi. I just plugged the sky + in and i'm more than a little disappointed with the picture. Any kind of movement and the edges of the people on the telly are blurred. Its particularly bad on football. Also, it seems like all the people on the telly have particularly bad fake tans.
I had a regular 32" CRT telly before and there was never any of this, the picture was clearer, sharper and much more natural. Is there something i need to do to the telly or are all LCD tellies like this. I'm a bit gutted after spending so much money.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

have you changed any of the settings?

Turn the contrast, brightness, colour and sharpness down to about half way, then fine tune to suit.

also turn overscan on, and modify the pnr (picture noise reduction) to suit

A

Anonymous

In all honesty I would take it back and get a TH-37PX80. I saw the LZD70 and PX80 side by side in John Lewis and even though the PX80 is only HD Ready it outshone the LZD70 in the HD and SD stakes. The Plasma gives a much clearer, more lifelike picture on freeview and The PX edged in in HD as well with more detail and better blacks. Its a fact that plasma's are better with motion aswell so for footy etc it's the better choice.

Where did you buy it - surely you can ask for an exchange if you've only just purchased it?

A

Anonymous

sorry, I realise that wasn't really what you wanted to hear under the circumstances but its better to do something now while there's still time rather than regretting it later.

A

Anonymous

No...thats exactly what i wanted to hear...means im not going blind or owt......am getting the TH37PX70 instead......hughes direct are swapping it for me.....i know its not the 80 but apparetnly these are good anyway......keep your fingers crossed.....

as an aside...the bloke at hughes direct was really helpful .....its been a while (im a 3mobile customer) and it was good to get good customer service....

wish me luck with the plasma as i bought a toshibe hd dvd for 70 quid with teh best film ever (bourne supremacy) and i really wanna see what all teh fuss is about

TRENDING THREADS