Panasonic TX-26LXD7

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As I understand it, the model numbering scheme from Panasonic means that the difference between the TX-26LXD70 and the TX-26LXD7 is just that the latter doesn't have quite such good sound quality?

Assuming that is correct, then since the 70 got a 5* just recently in the December issue, do you think the 7 would still be a good buy? This would be a replacement for an old 14" crt in my bedroom, and I've come across it for £449.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
That's certainly been the case with the 70 and 700 models,but I think the '7' (which we haven't tested) looks different - using the 'compare sets' feature on the Panasonic website, I can see that the two sets use different LCD panels, have different power consumption and have different connectivity (for example the '7' has only one HDMI, where the 70 has two).

Sounds an entry-level special to me - which makes the price seem quite high.

A

Anonymous

I've just bought a Panasonic TX-26LMD70 for £413.00 which I thought was a bit of a bargain!!

www.empiredirect.co.uk and www.hughestv.co.uk both have the LMD70, albeit slightly more than I paid (I got mine from Bennetts Electrical www.bennettsonline.co.uk who price matched Hughes and then knocked off a further £25!) Clearly, this won't help you if you aren't in East Anglia!

Hooked it up via HDMI to a Pioneer DVR-550HX-S tonight and have to say I am more than happy with both picture and sound quality (just using the built in speakers)

I'm between houses at the moment, so the 26" LCD is a stop gap until I get somewhere than can 'handle' a picture size in excess of 37", but have always rated Panasonic TV's having just sold a TX36PB50 (5 year old CRT which had a picture which would shame most LCD's and Plasma's)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Sounds an entry-level special to me - which makes the price seem quite high.
[/quote]

Ah, oh well. Thanks for taking a look. Don't suppose you'd have any recommendations for a wide-screen lcd in the under £500 bracket?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="peetbarker"]
I've just bought a Panasonic TX-26LMD70 for £413.00 which I thought was a bit of a bargain!!

Hooked it up via HDMI to a Pioneer DVR-550HX-S tonight and have to say I am more than happy with both picture and sound quality (just using the built in speakers)

[/quote]

Hmm. looking around i've just found that LMD70 for £414.90 (or even the 32in model for £498.89). So that's a possibility I suppose. Or I could even consider stretching my budget a bit, moving my existing 32in Toshiba into the bedroom and getting a new screen for the lounge ;)

At a 2m viewing distance in the lounge I guess up to 36/37 is viable as well. Of course the bedroom has a larger viewing distance, but isn't quite worth buying a larger screen for :)

A

Anonymous

So, after my last postings I've been looking back through recent issues, and doing a bit of googling, and found the following two sets:

1) Samsung LE37R88BD for £499.99
2) Panasonic TH37PX70 for £625 (theoretically £583.00, but not in stock there right now)

In the august supertest the panasonic just pipped the post (with 850/1000 prices). I guess they'll both considered good sets now, a mere 4/5 months later, so unless something else crops up, and I end up going for one of these, then it's slightly higher resolution, extra hdmi socket and a bit cheaper against blacker blacks.

So how would other people balance things out?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts