Panasonic TH-42PZ700 has which version HDMI

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone please tell me which version HDMI the Panasonic TH-42PZ700 plasma supports.

I have read some reviews on web sites that say it is version 1.2 and some say version 1.3

I have also telephoned Panasonic three times and they give me a different answer everytime.

Perhaps anyone who is kind enough to respond to this thread could tell me where they sourced the information.

I was also looking to find out please which version HDMI the Panasonic DMR-EX87EB-K DVD recorder supports.

Thanks for your help

Doron

A

Anonymous

Geez, the Panasonic web site is rubbish! No wonder people are confused and can't find information about their product.

Anyway, back to the question. Benjamin, you are quite right, it is V1.2, here's the source (took me bluddy ages to find this!!) http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=7311.

HDMI v1.3 is backward compatible with previous HDMI versions, the additional features in V1.3 are auto lip synch, wider bandwith, deep colour, etc. To most people, these additions are insignificant, so you should have no problem with the DVD recorder.

One thing I do stress about the PZ700 though, it's the lack of 1080p/24 support. That was one of the biggest reason why I have decided not to go for this.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

You should check out this thread

http://whathifi.com/forums/p/3921/21813.aspx#21813

The Panasonic PZ70 & PZ700 although not officially, seem to be able to play 24p no problems.

Jeff

A

Anonymous

Ah! That BIG controversial thread :). I have followed that a while ago with great interest. If you get to the end of the thread, I think it has been mentioned that the PZ700 does not support 1080p/24 properly.

In fact, if you search hard on this forum (can't find it at the mo), I remember Claire Newson has confirmed the problem with the PZ700 which puts the picture in 1 corner. I will post the link here when I come across it again.

A

Anonymous

Yes, my mistake too - I had not made it to the end of the thread. I think the set that we all want is the PZ850 - coming later this spring :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts