Panasonic DMP-BDT 500 Got issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Reijer said:
Digiaudio is set to PCM. HDMI audio output is off. BD video Secundair audio is on.

The blu rayplayer is hooked up to my amp, TEAC AI 501DA which can handle up to 24bit/192kHz via coaxial spdif. The cable is an audioquest cinnamon and is working.

I've also connected the player with analog lines to my amp.

Hello Reijer, Apart from the Panasonic BD80 Blu-Ray player that I mentioned before, I have another identical machine in the other bedroom. In my more public rooms I have Denon and Oppo Blu-Ray players. I've never, and with no effort on my part in selecting special settings, known any of them NOT to give a digital coaxial or optical sound output. I've just checked the connection on the player in my bedroom, and it does indeed give 5.1 surround sound via the digital coaxial output. However, these are the relevant settings on one of my Panasonic BD80 Blu-Ray players:

First, choose Setup.

From the Sound menu, these three options: (1) Digital Audio Output - three things are listed, and I have them all on Bitstream. BD-Video Secondary Audio set to OFF. (2) PCM Downconversion - off. (3) Downmix - Stereo. (4) High Clarity Sound - Enable.

From the TV / Device Connection menu, choose HDMI connection, then choose HDMI Audio Output to be ON, choose Analogue Audio Output to be 7.1 channel.

Of course, the settings on your BDT500 may well differ from mine, but I'm hoping that, as they are both Panasonics, that there will be enough similarity for my settings to be useful.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for the explanation, Son of SJ. I will try soon.

I think I know the source of the problem. The blu-ray puts out a coaxial signal of 32 bit/192kHz. My amp can handle up to 24 bit/192kHz. Should this be a problem?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts