Panasonic SC-PTX7EB-K

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know if this system is any good? It's not listed in the What Hi-Fi lists so I haven't a clue whether it is worth buying.

I am buying a 50in Panasonic plasma TV and (a) do not want to have cables for rear speakers and (b) would like to hide all the equipment (DVD, Sky HD vox, etc.) away without needing 3 or more infra-red pick-ups on the exterior of the cabinet. So the Link functionality is attractive. Are there any flaws to this strategy?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks. But are there any more helpful comments from others?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We haven't heard it, either - but then neither have we heard a recent Panasonic cinema system that's been above-average. As you'd expect from a company that makes very good DVD players/recorders, the visuals are usually good, but the speakers typically really let them down,

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the comments. None of which seem to be in favour of the Panasonic. Having done a little more research, I am fairly sure that I am going to try the Yamaha YSP1100 sound projector and YST-FSW100 sub. If I couple it with a PS3 and Panasonic 50in HD Ready, it should do for our modest needs. If you know any serious flaw to this plan, please say so.

Thanks and regards

R

A

Anonymous

I'm about to do exactly the same thing. I'm looking to get the 1100 to connect to my Panasonic PZ85. I was tempted with the 40D or even the new YSP-600 so I can get HDMI, but it doesnt seem to add a lot to the overall package, and I think the optical in will be just as good as HDMI? So I will have HDMI from PS3 to TV and optical audio from PS3 to 1100.

Can I ask why you are choosing the FSW100 over the other yamaha subwoofers? Have you found any reviews?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="arnfield"]
Thanks. But are there any more helpful comments from others?

[/quote]

For what it's worth What Video & High Definition TV issue 330 published by Future Advertising gave the SC-PTX7 a 5* rating. I have the hard copy review in front of me right now which I picked up free of charge from my local Panasonic High Street Shop as I too was having immense difficulty trying to find any information on this system

Having also seen and heard the system now too.............I am suitably impressed..........It also plays CDs great and has an 80GB hard disk and you can rip CD's on to it too.

In essence the review said :

Picture: When viewed on a full HD plasma TV Star Wars Revenge of the Sith DVD looks so crisp you might be fooled into thinking you were watching Hi Def..............Colour reproduction to quote them was " ...out of this world"

Sound: Only let down was the virual surround....other than that they said that CD music playback was superb as too was DVD audio playback and the rest of the movie sound was also very good

They end by saying that Panasonic should be applauded for creating a system that does so much more than just play DVD also adding that if 5.1 is not for you then this is one of the best DVD systems around

It's £599 in the Panasonic shop but reckon you get get it up to another £100 cheaper from other sources particularly over the internet ......Amazon have it for £470

A

Anonymous

Look on the trusted reviews website, there is a decent review there plus digital-point is selling for £443
laechel.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts